Official: Warburton Appointed Manager

Yesterday afternoon on BBC Radio Scotland, Warburton and Weir's appointments ranked fourth, and final item on the Sports News. After a couple of sentences blandly acknowledging the appointments, the venom was spat in the last line, "Warburton won 51% of competitive matches at Brentford".

Obviously, the well hyped performance related signings, Moneyball, Billy Beane's model, ...... etc had to be presented negatively.

Brentford season ticket holder here - imo you have got the perfect fit for a management team. I said they were Rangers bound back in February following the management kerfuffle at Griffin Park. Warburton is a class act off the pitch and on the field he seems committed to attractive football, stays loyal to players who in turn seem to back him. Check out the player reaction at 25 secs on this clip on the day that the story hit the press. http://www.goalsaim.com/brentford-vs-watford-1-2-highlights-2015-championship/

The only question marks I have are that we got through last season using very few players, so he was never tested in using the squad to flex things and similarly there were times when we took a lead and should probably have closed up shop but went all out for more to our cost in the end. But it did make for attractive football - there wasn't a single game at Griffin Park last year that I didn't enjoy. Anyone leaving 10 mins before the end missed some thrilling finishes.

Good luck next season, I'm still disappointed that the management differences weren't resolved at this end

Oh and one other thing, Lewis Macleod - anyone have any info there? Great fanfare when we bought him, but since then a series of almost implausible reasons as to why he is permenantly injured. Got to be more to it than tripping over a leaf or whatever it is we were putting forward for not playing him?

Brentford season ticket holder here - imo you have got the perfect fit for a management team. I said they were Rangers bound back in February following the management kerfuffle at Griffin Park. Warburton is a class act off the pitch and on the field he seems committed to attractive football, stays loyal to players who in turn seem to back him. Check out the player reaction at 25 secs on this clip on the day that the story hit the press. http://www.goalsaim.com/brentford-vs-watford-1-2-highlights-2015-championship/

The only question marks I have are that we got through last season using very few players, so he was never tested in using the squad to flex things and similarly there were times when we took a lead and should probably have closed up shop but went all out for more to our cost in the end. But it did make for attractive football - there wasn't a single game at Griffin Park last year that I didn't enjoy. Anyone leaving 10 mins before the end missed some thrilling finishes.

Good luck next season, I'm still disappointed that the management differences weren't resolved at this end

That's the majority at our home games....

Oh and one other thing, Lewis Macleod - anyone have any info there? Great fanfare when we bought him, but since then a series of almost implausible reasons as to why he is permenantly injured. Got to be more to it than tripping over a leaf or whatever it is we were putting forward for not playing him?

Cracking young player.

The Daily Record ‏@Daily_Record 47m47 minutes ago

A big @tedermeatballs exclusive: Ibrox legend Walter Smith on the new Rangers management team – only in tomorrow’s @Record_Sport

He did have a few injuries while at Rangers as well mate so it's possibly just a continuation of that rather than any conspiracy.

I think he's had issues with his calf and knee so clearly the latter is something you take great care over.