Official: Warburton Appointed Manager

Thankfully they weren't involved in the decision-making.

All they were doing was showing a sizeable lack of imagination and ambition.

Does Warburton show that? A lower league manager whose strong point was in the third tier of English football. Who has 18 months experience. I hope so.

Does Warburton show that? A lower league manager whose strong point was in the third tier of English football. Who has 18 months experience. I hope so.

Time will tell. McLeish would have been a "back to the future" appointment. We know how his time latterly ended here - we were turgid. If you want to go back to that kind of football, good for you pete.

Me ? I will actually listen to what people are saying about Warburton as someone that wants it on the deck, passing at pace, movement and taking shots on goal. I will believe that until his team line-up proves otherwise.

Also, the fact he is a lower league manager (his strong point was actually making the play offs in the SECOND tier given the wage bill they had and having only just gained promotion the previous year) and the fact he has only 18 months experience (which is bullshit by the way pete, but you believe whatever you like) could quite easily be considered as being HIGHLY imaginative.

I think it is very imaginative to go and take a coach who hasn't been in the top tier, who only has 18 months experience and hasn't won any trophies. Is it ambitious ? Maybe not, but Warburton is certainly a far more ambitious appointment than McLeish.

Time will tell. McLeish would have been a "back to the future" appointment. We know how his time latterly ended here - we were turgid. If you want to go back to that kind of football, good for you pete.

Me ? I will actually listen to what people are saying about Warburton as someone that wants it on the deck, passing at pace, movement and taking shots on goal. I will believe that until his team line-up proves otherwise.

Also, the fact he is a lower league manager (his strong point was actually making the play offs in the SECOND tier given the wage bill they had and having only just gained promotion the previous year) and the fact he has only 18 months experience (which is bullshit by the way pete, but you believe whatever you like) could quite easily be considered as being HIGHLY imaginative.

I think it is very imaginative to go and take a coach who hasn't been in the top tier, who only has 18 months experience and hasn't won any trophies. Is it ambitious ? Maybe not, but Warburton is certainly a far more ambitious appointment than McLeish.

Don't get me wrong Craig I didn't want McLeish near Ibrox. That is not my argument. I just can't get into the positive vibes others seem to have. Some have even changed their tune just by listening to the way he talks. Have we not learned from Green and Whyte that we should take no notice of press conference bullshit. They tell you what you want to hear. I will judge Warburton on his Rangers career. He is starting at 0 for me so hopefully he can only go up.

Don't get me wrong Craig I didn't want McLeish near Ibrox. That is not my argument. I just can't get into the positive vibes others seem to have. Some have even changed their tune just by listening to the way he talks. Have we not learned from Green and Whyte that we should take no notice of press conference bullshit. They tell you what you want to hear. I will judge Warburton on his Rangers career. He is starting at 0 for me so hopefully he can only go up.

A manager who got to the Premiership playoff last season. Who would you rather have had? Please don't mention world cup finalists or former Barca and Chelsea coaches because I will fall off of my chair again!

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Many were underwhelmed when Warburton was linked to the job -- me included! I have since come to realise that he appears to have the skills that we need at this time. I'm quite confident he will be beneficial in terms of rebuilding the club, and also playing attacking football. However, while I despair at the lack of positivity in the new manager by some, I appreciate that some will require tangible results before they can judge; that's fine, but it works both ways, so I would suggest keeping the criticism -- for that is what it is, and that's what others are most frustrated at -- to a minimum until he can be judged properly.

Edited by Rousseau

A manager who got to the final of the Premiership playoff last season. Who would you rather have had? Please don't mention world cup finalists or former Barca and Chelsea coaches because I will fall off of my chair again!

The manager of the team that beat them?:D

Warburton is a complete breadth of fresh air so far, a chance for a totally new beginning in our coaching methods, scouting and youth football development.

Whether it all come to fruition of success obviously remains to be seen, but so far i think it a worthy gamble of an attempt at revolution, evolution and solution.

Seems to me that with the position we're in, Warburton seems a pretty good fit and about the best we could expect in the circumstances. I'm struggling to understand the criticism especially when by all accounts he seems to tick several boxes of what people have been asking for for a few years.

He is into developing youth and playing attacking football. He doesn't think he knows it all and is determined to learn more. He is capable of innovation and is not restricted by convention. He can get a team promoted from a league where he doesn't have huge resources compared to rivals, he can do well in a league where he has much less financial resources than others. He doesn't need huge budgets to succeed. He speaks well and portrays a fair bit of dignity in his manner. He has skills from outside football.

If he ticks the (perception) of "not playing players out of position" then it will be Bingo, full house.