Confirmed: Rob Kiernan signs

let's not get carried away here

both players are in their 20's......what is "young and hungry" ?

We need to reserve judgement until we see what we've got on the park

I would contend that 23 and 24 is still young. They have 10 years of a career in front of them. Listen to Kiernan, he is hungry for success, to get us back to the SPFL and also into Europe - I would call that hunger and desire.

Everybody IS reserving judgement. The difference is that most of us are looking at these signings from a glass half full perspective whilst you are looking at it from a glass half empty one - as is your prerogative obviously.

I would contend that 23 and 24 is still young. They have 10 years of a career in front of them. Listen to Kiernan, he is hungry for success, to get us back to the SPFL and also into Europe - I would call that hunger and desire.

Everybody IS reserving judgement. The difference is that most of us are looking at these signings from a glass half full perspective whilst you are looking at it from a glass half empty one - as is your prerogative obviously.

:tu: Makes a change from the usual interviews consisting of: "Yes, I'm happy enough just to be in the squad whether we win or lose. The second tier is better as there is far less pressure."

you've got me 100% wrong....

I'm fantasising about intelligent football back to front

fit payers running into space to receive defence splitting passes

fuck....aren't we all !

we just need to calm our fucking jets

separate hype from actuality

Hope the lad fulfils his earlier potential, captain of the RoI U19s 5 years ago and highly thought of at that time with Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham being linked with him. Don't know why he bombed, but since then he's played for Yeovil, Wycombe, Accrington and Burton all on loan from Watford (and Wigan).

Here's hoping the lad turns out to be a shrewd signing by Warburton. Welcome aboard Rob and good luck.

Edited by Bearman

Guest House Of Baelish

When I look at this lads career thus far I see a guy who needs a home. Hopefully the bug will bite him and he'll know where he belongs. You get guys like Kiernan every now and then..They have potential and youth on their side but never seem to settle. With feeling like he belongs on an old pro coaching him, I think we'll have a solid defender on our books this season.

Just hope we get a hold of a decent keeper to keep our young defenders out of trouble.

Edited by House Of Baelish

let's not get carried away here

both players are in their 20's......what is "young and hungry" ?

We need to reserve judgement until we see what we've got on the park

Yes - lets stop indulging in that dreaming, believing and hoping lark. It only makes you feel good and that's the Devil's work.