Confirmed: Rob Kiernan signs

It's more than just signing a few player though, you can see the interest and care being put back into the club. It's not about taking money out the club any longer, but what can be put in without return.

If King, Murray, Park and the 3Bears can bottle these feelings, or attach it to a season ticket, they'll have a sell out.

Only slight thing is a 2 year contract , hopefully there is an option built in to it

The length of contract is probably down to the fact that he hasn't previously been able to hold down a place for any length of time. I see it as a positive act which is a million miles away from some of the previous ways of signing players.

Not only are we getting players who will be committed on the park, we aren't handing out silly lengthy contracts. Its good business by the club. Kiernan is in on a 2 year deal and Wilson a 3 year deal, not risky at all.

I think the caveat is that if they improve and we are promoted, get back to the top of the first tier, and they attract interest, then they might be moving on for free...

Birmingham City: Rob Kiernan lifts the lid on why he joined Rangers instead of Blues.

15:53, 23 June 2015 By Brian Dick

Former Blues loanee Rob Kiernan clarifies what happened with his aborted move to St Andrew's

Rob Kiernan has sought to clarify why his move to Birmingham City broke down and expressed his disappointment that things ‘turned sour’.

The former Blues loan defender explained last week’s events after completing his move to Rangers today.

This time last week the 24-year-old seemed set to make a permanent move to Blues only for apparent issues with his medical to cause a delay.

However Kiernan insisted he never failed his medical.

“I respect Birmingham as a club and respect the manager and everyone there,” Kiernan told Sky Sports News.

“I completed my medical there. I went back to sign the day after, the paper work wasn’t quite ready when I arrived.

“During that time the phone call came from here [Rangers].

“I was a little bit disappointed it sort of turned sour and the fact that I ‘failed a medical’ because I have actually got the email confirmation from the club to my agents.

“I don’t really want to comment on it too much but I never failed a medical, I completed everything that was asked for.

“The paper work was supposed to be ready and it got delayed until the next day - that’s when the phone call came in.”

And clearly the chance to join Rangers was one he felt was too good to turn down.

“There getting to the Premier League then after that there’s obviously the attraction of the Champions League. It’s up to us now to get there.

“I see it as something that can progress, that’s why I came here, I want to be part of that and want to look back at my career and think ‘I’m glad I went to there and achieved that’.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-rob-kiernan-lifts-9512379

Birmingham City: Rob Kiernan lifts the lid on why he joined Rangers instead of Blues.

15:53, 23 June 2015 By Brian Dick

Former Blues loanee Rob Kiernan clarifies what happened with his aborted move to St Andrew's

Rob Kiernan has sought to clarify why his move to Birmingham City broke down and expressed his disappointment that things ‘turned sour’.

The former Blues loan defender explained last week’s events after completing his move to Rangers today.

This time last week the 24-year-old seemed set to make a permanent move to Blues only for apparent issues with his medical to cause a delay.

However Kiernan insisted he never failed his medical.

“I respect Birmingham as a club and respect the manager and everyone there,” Kiernan told Sky Sports News.

“I completed my medical there. I went back to sign the day after, the paper work wasn’t quite ready when I arrived.

“During that time the phone call came from here [Rangers].

“I was a little bit disappointed it sort of turned sour and the fact that I ‘failed a medical’ because I have actually got the email confirmation from the club to my agents.

“I don’t really want to comment on it too much but I never failed a medical, I completed everything that was asked for.

“The paper work was supposed to be ready and it got delayed until the next day - that’s when the phone call came in.”

And clearly the chance to join Rangers was one he felt was too good to turn down.

“There getting to the Premier League then after that there’s obviously the attraction of the Champions League. It’s up to us now to get there.

“I see it as something that can progress, that’s why I came here, I want to be part of that and want to look back at my career and think ‘I’m glad I went to there and achieved that’.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-rob-kiernan-lifts-9512379

Unlike his predecessor, I think that Warburton really will sell the "vision" of the Club. All of McCoist's signings were pretty much Scottish league journeymen - Warburton's so far have been a young, hungry Kiernan talking with ambition and Wilson, who knows what it takes to play for us at the highest level.

I like these signings and what they are saying. You can tell they have the hunger to succeed.

Unlike his predecessor, I think that Warburton really will sell the "vision" of the Club. All of McCoist's signings were pretty much Scottish league journeymen - Warburton's so far have been a young, hungry Kiernan talking with ambition and Wilson, who knows what it takes to play for us at the highest level.

I like these signings and what they are saying. You can tell they have the hunger to succeed.

let's not get carried away here

both players are in their 20's......what is "young and hungry" ?

We need to reserve judgement until we see what we've got on the park