A Covenant - a clear case for transparency

I think thats an important point CS - there was a body of us on FF who were critical of SDM much to the chagrin of others - I would say that a failure to defend the club by the Murray regime was as much a driving force behind the formation of the RST than anything else.

And in that respect you are correct - division within the support about those in charge is not a new concept.

D'art have you ever asked if you could do a piece on the football side? as in our youth structure or a "day in the life" sort of thing from an organisational side fan perspective

only asking because it is maybe a good way to start the transparency idea. Get a respected fan in who can write to do a piece on something of interest that brings the club and fans together.Would love a follow Warburton for the day piece but aiming too high i know! I know the website offers stuff but it doesn't really met what we are all after as impatient hungry fans.

That is a good point. They were publicising pro-Ally demonstrations/songs not long before he left, which was shameful.

They are free to do whatever they want, but the hypocrisy of it all stinks to high heaven.

Thankfully that's beginning to change and within a reasonably short period of time as well. With the new ownership structure, new board, new management team, new players starting to come in and a lot of dead wood we've been crying out to have shipped out having now been shipped out, there's a lot more to be positive about.

The appointment of the new manager is a positive move, most definitely. The cull should have been far more severe as there are still players there who are nowhere near good enough. Other than that, the new board have done very little else since they arrived. Being 'not the old board' only has a limited shelf life, I'm afraid.

There isn't a lot to be positive about where Rangers are concerned and that has been the case for a number of years now. Should I just shut up and let lies become truths and allow history to be revised in order to save the blushes of others?

If you wish to turn a blind eye to the agenda-driven behaviour of the RST, VB or SoS, batter on, but it comes across as very strange that a mod on a discussion forum would decry anyone for daring to state their position.

As for me being anonymous, I have met people who use this board and if you would like me to provide you with my name, address and Rangers history just say so.

Personally I would like to meet everyone who comes on here. I don't think you are a bad person and certainly have no doubts about your best will for the club but I just feel you are always so negative and surely not everything is wrong at our club. We even have a lovely purple football shirt that looks gay and merry.:) I am the last person that wants to shut people up who have a different opinion. I just can't understand people who only want to see the negative side of things. Every negative has a positive and that is what we should be looking to promote. I do however agree we must not take our eye off the ball and just see the positive side of things but a happy medium is the best way to look at things. Personally what I have seen from the RST over the last year has been positive. I don't follow them so I can't judge them fully. They certainly have made some fantastic statements of late.

Edited by pete

Personally I would like to meet everyone who comes on here. I don't think you are a bad person and certainly have no doubts about your best will for the club but I just feel you are always so negative and surely not everything is wrong at our club. We even have a lovely purple football shirt that looks gay and merry.:) I am the last person that wants to shut people up who have a different opinion. I just can't understand people who only want to see the negative side of things. Every negative has a positive and that is what we should be looking to promote. I do however agree we must not take our eye off the ball and just see the positive side of things but a happy medium is the best way to look at things. Personally what I have seen from the RST over the last year has been positive. I don't follow them so I can't judge them fully. They certainly have made some fantastic statements of late.

I have absolutely no defence to any charge of being negative and pessimistic about the continuing saga. I'm pissed off and have been for years now. When things eventually change for the good, so shall my mood.

I have absolutely no defence to any charge of being negative and pessimistic about the continuing saga. I'm pissed off and have been for years now. When things eventually change for the good, so shall my mood.

I have a pal like you, miserable as sin, Rangers man as well. I go out my way to avoid him, everything about Rangers is negative for him. too, I was in the Louden Dennistoun and the barmaid passed me a lager and said it was from my pal. I said what pal, she said him the bald yin wae the moustache, you went to Thompson ST (primary) School with him, I said i never went to school with anyone who was bald and had a moustache. He's a Lonely guy lol.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

The cull should have been far more severe as there are still players there who are nowhere near good enough.

The cull was as severe as the Club could afford. As far as we know, every single first team player who was out of contract was released.

Other than that, the new board have done very little else since they arrived. Being 'not the old board' only has a limited shelf life, I'm afraid.

They need time and they need our patience mate. The new board hasn't even been in place for 4 months which is less time than Wallace and Nash needed to go through the business and come up with little more than a somewhat wooly business review.

Edited by Zappa

D'art have you ever asked if you could do a piece on the football side? as in our youth structure or a "day in the life" sort of thing from an organisational side fan perspective

only asking because it is maybe a good way to start the transparency idea. Get a respected fan in who can write to do a piece on something of interest that brings the club and fans together.Would love a follow Warburton for the day piece but aiming too high i know! I know the website offers stuff but it doesn't really met what we are all after as impatient hungry fans.

Ive done a few pieces over the years bud regarding various aspects - fan ownership/the merit of supporters buses/the Ibrox experience from the perspective of a disabled fan - theres no reason why I couldnt do something around the youth side of things - I'll speak to Colin Stewart and see what I can put together