A Covenant - a clear case for transparency

I'd wager:

1) No. As it caused huge negative P.R. Non-Rangers fans and some Rangers fans alike caused the CG situation. It looked terrible. I'm guessing their problem lies along my general point...who is acceptable to the various groups? Gilligan came from left-field as did Robertson. It would be ideal to go with an unknown but how do you do that with a fans rep? Their problem is exactly what I've said. Someone or some group would find a link to another and the cycle continues.

2. We don't. We never will. The only semi-proof we have to go on a is proven track record with us. We don't have that. Respect is earnt...sooner or later we all have to give someone the time to earn it and hope they don't fuck us over. Sad but true. That is where we're at.

Edited by LucyBlue

I agree bud the inclusion on the board of fans groups is a huge step forward and kudos to the current board for facilitating that.

2 points though..

1. Has the RST rep vacancy on the board caused by the BBC witch hunt been replaced. If not why not ?

2. Same response as to barca earlier - how do we know who will be on the board tomorrow and thus will the same willingness to involve the support be shared by futue incumbents ?

I'm a member of the RST and haven't heard anything official, however i hope there is someone in an unofficial capacity filling the roll Chris Graham was doing, fan representative.

D'Art

How would you see this process starting?

1. Statement of intent from the club - more for the benefit of future partners than ourselves

2. Drawing up of a Covenant agreed with fans and then given prime position on our website

3. Any future contracts reproduced on the website for easy access - with the agreement, where applicable, of business associates

This is not just a Rangers problem. It is the same in every football club, every company and even in the whole animal world. There are always factions. There are always whispers in the dark. If only Adam had not taken a bite of the frigg'n apple. We are great at championing people, pushing them forward and then once they hit the top we try to shoot them down. In every company or in the world there are young bucks trying to get a rung higher in the ladder using the whisper in the dark principle. As I say even in the animal world a young stag fights his way to the top and spends the rest of his life defending his position until he is beaten by the next leader. There never will be a support or workforce who will all follow the same line without the whispers in the dark.

If there is a fan representative on the board then he will be the booman within hours just look at Chris Graham.

The unfortunate thing is the biggest voices in the dark are people who do nothing positive themselves but just indulge in shooting down others.

"Transparency in Government is impossible as Good men are reduced to Bad in becoming empowered. Noble goals become forgotten as the desire to reveal truth is quashed by the desire to appear truthful at all costs even when not being so...no man is immune to this nor ever has been".

"Transparency in Government is impossible as Good men are reduced to Bad in becoming empowered. Noble goals become forgotten as the desire to reveal truth is quashed by the desire to appear truthful at all costs even when not being so...no man is immune to this nor ever has been".

Or ever will be!

1. Statement of intent from the club - more for the benefit of future partners than ourselves

2. Drawing up of a Covenant agreed with fans and then given prime position on our website

3. Any future contracts reproduced on the website for easy access - with the agreement' date=' where applicable, of business associates[/quote']

See, this was my point earlier D'Art, which person could be representative of the fans? If we don't have a reset and all of the fan groups have a meeting to agree on a way to get along and have a voice ( elected committee, who in turn elect a single representative ) to represent the fans, then it won't move forward. Even then that would be hard, but at some point this bickering has to stop.

The fans proved, after a fashion, that they could be trusted to elect a board of representatives - the RFB.

It can't be someone elected by the board ( as Chris Graham was ). The only thing the board has to agree on is which groups are allowed to put forward a representative, and then agree to a covenant with these representatives.