A Covenant - a clear case for transparency

Ha D'Art you've got even scary ol' me a wee bit emotional. 'Cause you're right and it's so simple and I just want it fixed and it can be, really easily.

Other clubs do it, why can't we? We've had more than enough warnings. They rally round, we bicker. I truly despair.

I read your posts and think that guy knows the way but see hundreds of others swamp it claiming my supporters union or whatever is better than yours etc.

Why are we like this? Being rational I know our big support will cause more divisions than some but haven't we had the wake up call?

We bicker over boards and petty juvenile things all the time, doing so in the name of the one thing we all profess to love, our club.

It just doesn't seem like it to me.

I love Rangers.

I admire what you have to say and agree. Just you keep fighting, ok?

All this other nonsense breaks my heart.

Bold 1 - Wish Id used that line in my article Lucy

Bold 2 - I will. You can rest assured of that.

D'Art,

I endorse the sentiment of your Covenant but I don't think now is the time to request it. I don't know if this board has as yet earned the right to be villified as boards in the past certainly have.

However, I agree with the idea of fan representation on the board as the best way to achieve transparency. Even then I don't think the fans will have the need to know of the nuts and bolts of every contract, but certainly of the existence of these contracts.

As I see it, before the fans deserve their Covenant, they have to present themselves as a unified body. All of the different factions must come together and repair the fractures that exist. If they don't do this then any major fan representation is doomed to fail.

I don't mean that the vehicles that the fans have available to them should be merged into one, choice is good eh?, but more that all the fan groups can agree on a philosophy that is acceptable and can represent strong fan support.

At the moment there is too much fracture, resentment, mistrust, deceipt and even hatred between some fan groups and even individuals within fan groups. We as a support need to hit the reset button and start off with the idea that the only thing that is important is Rangers, and move on from there.

This will not be easy as we are a broad church with many points of view requiring representations, but it must be done. Maybe we could use the RFFF as a test vehicle to see how close we could come to a many-sided organization which delivers transparency. Probably an organization with a representative from each fan group.

This Rangers' support has the potential to project Rangers into a position of, as yet, unseen leadership and strength in the game.

Maybe if we show the board that - 'if we have the tools, we can finish the job'.

Its a great step forward Barca - but as I alluded to in the OP - its of little use if they are then gagged.

I may be wrong D'Art - it certainly wouldn't be the first time - but personally, I think we've come to a point where 'transparency' is little more than a fashionable buzz word.

Directors talk about it, fans groups talk about it and fans themselves talk about it, but the truth of the matter is that we're never going to get total transparency.

It's a pipe dream; a complete fallacy. We can crave it, covet it and pine for it all we like, but it ain't going to happen.

I'm not saying we should simply accept that stark reality, shut up and forget about demanding better from the Club's custodians, but we do need to be realistic and expecting total transparency just is not realistic at all.

I may be wrong D'Art - it certainly wouldn't be the first time - but personally, I think we've come to a point where 'transparency' is little more than a fashionable buzz word.

Directors talk about it, fans groups talk about it and fans themselves talk about it, but the truth of the matter is that we're never going to get total transparency.

It's a pipe dream; a complete fallacy. We can crave it, covet it and pine for it all we like, but it ain't going to happen.

I'm not saying we should simply accept that stark reality, shut up and forget about demanding better from the Club's custodians, but we do need to be realistic and expecting total transparency just is not realistic at all.

Nope, you are not wrong bud - you are bang on the money.

I agree.

Is it though unrealistic IYO for our fans to be united as one voice, one entity, to have the best interests of the club at heart?

Why do we need....is it 6(?) separate supporters groups all trying to do the same thing...they claim?

That's our problem.

I agree.

Is it though unrealistic IYO for our fans to be united as one voice, one entity, to have the best interests of the club at heart?

Why do we need....is it 6(?) separate supporters groups all trying to do the same thing...they claim?

That's our problem.

Unfortunately Lucy, yes I do think that's unrealistic. Sadly, our fans can't properly unite on anything. Even in the Club's darkest hours we've had folk bickering with each other and causing trouble over mostly trivial shite.

I agree.

That's our problem.

It's a huge, heartbreaking problem. I would go further though and say that not all of them are "trying to do the same thing". Nor do all of them put the club's interests anywhere near as high on their list as wishing to harm other supporters, both individually and as groups or forums or whatever schism they have taken lifelong aversion to and umbrage at.

With Rangers First and the RST i think we have the two vehicles who can to demand transparency, We the support are getting stronger with every share bought, I'm not a militant, but at the same time i won't be pushed around. the supporters have served their time, we were loyal when others f@cked off, we fought the good fight and continue to do so.

In King Murray Park and the 3Bears, there's a realisation without the the body of the support, nothing can be achieved, we just need the brethren within those group with a big set of Cojones to demand our just rewards.

Getting the various factions within the support to call a truce, is going to take longer.

With Rangers First and the RST i think we have the two vehicles who can to demand transparency, We the support are getting stronger with every share bought, I'm not a militant, but at the same time i won't be pushed around. the supporters have served their time, we were loyal when others f@cked off, we fought the good fight and continue to do so.

In King Murray Park and the 3Bears, there's a realisation without the the body of the support, nothing can be achieved, we just need the brethren within those group with a big set of Cojones to demand our just rewards.

Getting the various factions within the support to call a truce, is going to take longer.

I agree bud the inclusion on the board of fans groups is a huge step forward and kudos to the current board for facilitating that.

2 points though..

1. Has the RST rep vacancy on the board caused by the BBC witch hunt been replaced. If not why not ?

2. Same response as to barca earlier - how do we know who will be on the board tomorrow and thus will the same willingness to involve the support be shared by futue incumbents ?