Official: Wes Foderingham Signs Three Year Deal

this is what the writer said "I thought he was far too small to be able to carve out a career as a successful 'keeper in the professional game, he just didn't strike me as being the answer to Town's long-standing problem in the goalkeeping area."

but at 6' 1".....don't think that's short at all

After writing that, the writer's very next line was "How very wrong I was." :D

Assuming we do sign Eustace & Wabara that would make 5 signings, but even with one of them involving a small transfer fee and the signing fees of the other 4 taken into account Warburton won't have spent much, so I'd assume there will still be at least another 3 or 4 players to come in.

Look, I just provided information that King said in one of his interviews.

Look, I just provided information that King said in one of his interviews.

That doesn't mean that it cant be fluid though, right ? If Warburton says to him "Dave, you told me I would have 7 decent players to work with here but they are all shite - I need at least 3 or 4 more" - you don't think King will try to provide for the additions ?

The reality, for me at least, is that when King said that I wasn't paying too much attention to it. Why ? Because he isn't the football person and, at that time, didn't even have a manager. You can hang, draw and quarter him by every word he mutters if you like, that is your prerogative.

Me ? I will just play the wait and see for now. See how we are on the pitch, see how much comes in by way of investment in the timelines provided. This Board wont be perfect, but I have no doubts they will at least have the Clubs best interests at the forefront.

Besides, when he said we would make "6 or 7 signings".... how do you know he didn't mean NET ? We have lost 11 players and signed 4 (if you only include Wilson, Kiernan, Foderingham, Wabara.... - so NET we have lost 7 players.... therefore we can expect to see a further 13 or 14 players coming in :D :fish: Seriously though.... do we know for sure he meant simply 7 new faces or did he mean replace SOME of the departures AND 6 or 7 new players ?

That doesn't mean that it cant be fluid though, right ? If Warburton says to him "Dave, you told me I would have 7 decent players to work with here but they are all shite - I need at least 3 or 4 more" - you don't think King will try to provide for the additions ?

The reality, for me at least, is that when King said that I wasn't paying too much attention to it. Why ? Because he isn't the football person and, at that time, didn't even have a manager. You can hang, draw and quarter him by every word he mutters if you like, that is your prerogative.

Me ? I will just play the wait and see for now. See how we are on the pitch, see how much comes in by way of investment in the timelines provided. This Board wont be perfect, but I have no doubts they will at least have the Clubs best interests at the forefront.

Besides, when he said we would make "6 or 7 signings".... how do you know he didn't mean NET ? We have lost 11 players and signed 4 (if you only include Wilson, Kiernan, Foderingham, Wabara.... - so NET we have lost 7 players.... therefore we can expect to see a further 13 or 14 players coming in :D :fish: Seriously though.... do we know for sure he meant simply 7 new faces or did he mean replace SOME of the departures AND 6 or 7 new players ?

Murray said the same. We would lose 11 but wouldn't bring anywhere near that number in.

Imagine we will bring in no more than 7\8

You asked a question and got an answer to it that you didn't want, nor expect. Everything since then has been desperate.

I must admit to being slightly underwhelmed at this signing. A keeper who has spent 4 years in the third tier of English football with nobody exactly burning down a path to his door despite being able to sign for anyone on a free from 1 Jan.

If MW thinks he can get by with players from this level to win the second tier here then he is probably right, but issuing 3/4 year contracts to a guy like this who has not shown enough to interest any of the clubs in the top two divisions in England over the last four years does not remind me of signing Chris Woods or Andy Goram.

While we absolutely must win the title this year, we also must be ready to meet our 16-17 challenge head on, and players from the third tier of English football are not going to be good enough to see us to the top of our game, and into Europe again. I would have no problem if we gave the guy a 1 or 2 year contract to see us through the top flight, and we can always issue a longer better contract if he turns out to be any good, but issuing 3 or 4 years deals to someone who has only ever played a million miles below where we want to play doesnt sound right to me.

Regular English Championship players are fair enough for where we are, League one is pushing it a bit too far for me. I wish the guy well and the manager gets a free pass to sign who he wants with the amount of positions needing filled, and it may be he likes Bell and wants a solid back-up, but I dont see a 24yo coming on a 3/4 year deal to be backup. He might not be making marquee signings given our financial position, but he better start signing some players that will excite a lot of Bears to buy ST's.

I hear what you are saying but League 1 isn't a bad standard. Teams like Brentford and Bournemouth have come out of there and been a match for the Championship. We don't have to go that far back to Leicester, Norwich, Stoke, Swansea and Southampton playing in that division and they didn't get out of that league by having Gerrard, Lampard, Silva and Agureo type players. They needed the unheard ones at first.

I hear what you are saying but League 1 isn't a bad standard. Teams like Brentford and Bournemouth have come out of there and been a match for the Championship. We don't have to go that far back to Leicester, Norwich, Stoke, Swansea and Southampton playing in that division and they didn't get out of that league by having Gerrard, Lampard, Silva and Agureo type players. They needed the unheard ones at first.

That's a fair point Gribz. Any championship football I seen last season I was not impressed with the quality. Take it down another level and I guess I fear that players comfortable at that level is not what I want for my club. If the guy had been there 1/2 years at his age I would be more content, but 4 years at that level without a bigger club seeing enough to buy him, plus being a free agent for six months before we got him doesn't get me too excited. It will be interesting to see if he can walk straight into the team ahead of Bell, who has been in the Scotland setup and looked good before his injury, but was terrible when he came back towards the end of last season. I am hoping that was just the same form and malaise as the rest of the squad and a new manager and some competition will bring out the best in him.

Not long now to find out!

That's a fair point Gribz. Any championship football I seen last season I was not impressed with the quality. Take it down another level and I guess I fear that players comfortable at that level is not what I want for my club. If the guy had been there 1/2 years at his age I would be more content, but 4 years at that level without a bigger club seeing enough to buy him, plus being a free agent for six months before we got him doesn't get me too excited. It will be interesting to see if he can walk straight into the team ahead of Bell, who has been in the Scotland setup and looked good before his injury, but was terrible when he came back towards the end of last season. I am hoping that was just the same form and malaise as the rest of the squad and a new manager and some competition will bring out the best in him.

Not long now to find out!

English football is massively overrated and the Championship is not a great league. Scottish football is 100 times worse.