Arrests made at Hibernian v Rangers Challenge Cup match

It's a learning curve in here....

There's not much to learn. We don't allow verbal abuse, personal insults or any of that nonsense here on Gersnet. Anyone who wants to be abusive to fellow Rangers supporters and fans can do it elsewhere.

Is it standard practice for the match delegate to brief the press on the contents of his report before it's submitted?

2d8q4n9.jpg

Lifted from FF:

True Blue

Default Re: BBC's Chris McLaughlin Caught Bang To Rights Lying (UPDATED)

Update 27/07/2015 16.47pm

Quick update from yesterday in regards to this thread.

I have contacted the SPFL and spoke to a nice chap called Graham who was very helpful and answered all my questions.

I put forward my concerns and asked him the following questions and also stated and made it quite clear that there was considerable anger with a lot of Rangers fans in regards to what Mr Chris McLaughlin sports correspondent for the BBC had posted on his twitter account on Saturday 25/07/2015.

Questions as follow in no particular order

1. Are you aware of what Mr Chris McLaughlin has posted on his twitter in regards to the SPF's match delegate and information in his match report.

2. Could you email me a copy of the match delegate's match report.

2. Is the SPFL's match delegate's information in his report available to third party's outside the match delegate himself and the SPFL.

3. Are the media privy to match delegate's reports or any information which may be forwarded or contained in such match delegate's report to the SPFL in ANY match under the the rules of the SPFL.

In answer to question one,Graham from the SPFL stated that he wasn't aware of what Chris McLaughlin had written on his Twitter account.

In answer to question two,Graham from the SPFL stated that i couldn't be sent an email of the match delegate's report as it was confidential.

In answer to question three,Graham from the SPFL stated that the media or any third party's are not privy to any information contained in the match delegate's report and is purely a matter between the match delegate and the SPFL only and shouldn't be discussed or shared between third party's or offered to anyone in the media.

I also put to Graham that Chris McLaughlin had also stated that " Rangers could be in trouble with the SPFL" and told him that the official police statement on the match had not indicated which end of Easter Road these three people arrested for sectarian singing were from or if they were Hibs or Rangers fans and that Chris McLaughlin was putting his own spin on the police statement which made no mention of which team these people supported.

I also referred Graham to the SFA's own compliance officer in dealing with players up on charges and told him that every player brought up on a charge is deemed to have " allegedly " committed the offence until such times as his hearing... This would also apply to anyone who was arrested at Easter Road before they appeared in court but in Chis McLaughlin's case those arrested were already guilty.

Graham stated that he couldn't comment on that which was understandable but did agree on my point about players charges being " alleged " before their hearings.

So there you have it straight from the SPFL themselves... No information is privy to the media or to third party's like me or you and is solely between the match delegate and the SPFL as it is confidential and at no time whatsoever this information is shared to the public or the media.

So what we have here according to Chris McLaughlin's twitter posts is that he is approaching the SPFL's official match delegate after matches when the SPFL have stated the media or third party's are not allowed that information.

But far more sinister is the fact that Chris McLaughlin from the BBC has also stated on his own Twitter account that this information from Saturday WAS OFFERED to him by the SPFL's own match delegate.

So there we have one of the SPFL's own match delegates offering and giving information when quite clearly according to the SPFL that information is not available to the media.

Just how long has this information been leaked to Chris McLaughlin and what action will the SPFL take against it's own match delegates and will they also make a statement in regards to people in the media like Chris McLaughlin approaching match delegate's for information.

Thanks to Graham from the SPFL for taking the time and having the patience in answering my questions.

Who was the SPFL's match delegate on Saturday? Does anyone know?

And should the SPFL not be concerned that whoever it was seems to have given some or all of the match report's contents to McLaughlin? And this is not supposed to happen?

Here's another example of why I want a high profile CEO at Rangers to seek out these people and demand answers from those responsible when this sort of thing happens when you get Rangers-hating individuals working together to besmirch Rangers name. Surely we're not back to the days of dignified silence are we? Look where that got us before.

Edited by RANGERRAB

Who was the SPFL's match delegate on Saturday? Does anyone know?

And should the SPFL not be concerned that whoever it was seems to have given some or all of the match report's contents to McLaughlin? And this is not supposed to happen?

Here's another example of why I want a high profile CEO at Rangers to seek out these people and demand answers from those responsible when this sort of thing happens when you get Rangers-hating individuals working together to besmirch Rangers name. Surely we're not back to the days of dignified silence are we? Look where that got us.

George Douglas was the match delegate.

There's not much to learn. We don't allow verbal abuse, personal insults or any of that nonsense here on Gersnet. Anyone who wants to be abusive to fellow Rangers supporters and fans can do it elsewhere.

quite so

some people talk in headlines

it's not like that here

I got it right away but it's a transition right enough

A quick google search confirms that Douglas was Celtic security chief for a few years, taking over the head of scottish footy security chiefs from our own Alistair "Herr" Hood in the late 90's.

So another job for the bhoys, another hatchet job.

Our club should investigate to ensure this is correct, then seek the sacking of Douglas for leaking the info to Scrote, and see what can be done to the untouchable Scrote at the beeb, if anything. As more info becomes available about this, it seems more likely this was agreed in advance for any singing they can get us for between known Rangers-haters, then ears pinned for any verses of any songs. They must have been gutted at the very low arrest numbers but clearly Scrote had his piece written in advance and just had to fill in the blanks.

A quick google search confirms that Douglas was Celtic security chief for a few years, taking over the head of scottish footy security chiefs from our own Alistair "Herr" Hood in the late 90's.

So another job for the bhoys, another hatchet job.

Our club should investigate to ensure this is correct, then seek the sacking of Douglas for leaking the info to Scrote, and see what can be done to the untouchable Scrote at the beeb, if anything. As more info becomes available about this, it seems more likely this was agreed in advance for any singing they can get us for between known Rangers-haters, then ears pinned for any verses of any songs. They must have been gutted at the very low arrest numbers but clearly Scrote had his piece written in advance and just had to fill in the blanks.

Or are we back to the 'dignified silence' days again? Does no one within Rangers have an opinion on this?