[FT] Annan Athletic 1st team 5 - 2 Rangers U20s

Yes. Gallagher.

Gallagher looked very promising in the few games he played at 19. He's almost 21 now and either should be playing regularly or moved on. I'm looking forward to see us changing our approach with 18-21 year olds because these players need first team exposure as part of their development, not sitting on the bench to make up the numbers or making fleeting appearances on loan at a lower division teams. I think by the time a player is 20 we should know if they have any future. Far too many players are retained well into their 20's with minimal chances.

It took the DR a couple of days and a dearth of other badmouthing stuff about us to whip up this neat headline today (sic!):

Annan 5 Rangers 2: Fans turn out in numbers as Annan smash Gers in Steven Sloan's testimonial

... you obviously have to read the following small print stuff to note that this was actually not W&W's side, but essentially the u20s. But hey, it all counts. No word from any of our people involved either.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/annan-5-rangers-2-fans-6169570

For those who were bad mouthing the standard of Annan Athletic, you might be interested to know that they almost beat QotS 3-2 in the League Cup this afternoon. QotS managed to equalize and make it 3-3 on 92 minutes and it's now going to extra time. As I said before, Annan are a decent wee team.