[FT] Annan Athletic 1st team 5 - 2 Rangers U20s

Obsessing about the results in u20 games is futile. Preparing individuals good enough to play in first team is not necessarily results driven.

Do you think there's anyone from that U20 team good enough for the first team squad?

When Annan beat Ally McCoist's experienced 1st team squad at Ibrox towards the end of our Division 3 (4th tier) campaign in 2013, that's what I'd call humiliating. That said, it was results like that defeat at Ibrox and many out on the road as well which showed that these wee part-time teams are no mugs.

Are we not entitled to expect better results than what we've had against mighty Annan?

Or are they really as good as you are suggesting?

When Annan beat Ally McCoist's experienced 1st team squad at Ibrox towards the end of our Division 3 (4th tier) campaign in 2013, that's what I'd call humiliating. That said, it was results like that defeat at Ibrox and many out on the road as well which showed that these wee part-time teams are no mugs.

I think those teams are extremely poor, the problem is so were we.

Do you think there's anyone from that U20 team good enough for the first team squad?

You said the same last season when we had players like McCulloch who look barely fit to play professional footballer playing on a weekly basis. I think we have a much better and MUCH younger, more dynamic team now but I would imagine we will see Warburton pushing to integrate our own youth players too.

You said the same last season when we had players like McCulloch who look barely fit to play professional footballer playing on a weekly basis. I think we have a much better and MUCH younger, more dynamic team now but I would imagine we will see Warburton pushing to integrate our own youth players too.

Only if they're deemed good enough should they get into the first team. It seems apparent to me the vast majority of them are not.

Only if they're deemed good enough should they get into the first team. It seems apparent to me the vast majority of them are not.

Probably not, Rab, probably been the same for the U20 team for long as I can remember (and the top leagues in England, though probably for divergent reasons over and above the obvious UK 'cultural' ones) . However you seem to be getting quite worked up about it. You don't seem to like the board, the management team, the first team, your fellow fans on here or the U20s. What exactly are you a fan of? :P

Edited by SteveC

Probably not, Rab, probably been the same for the U20 team for long as I can remember (and the top leagues in England, though probably for divergent reasons over and above the obvious UK 'cultural' ones) . However you seem to be getting quite worked up about it. You don't seem to like the board, the management team, the first team, your fellow fans on here or the U20s. What exactly are you a fan of? :P

Celtic.....

The million dollar question !!