Rangers tell Graham Spiers & Chris McLaughlin they are "no longer welcome at Ibrox"

So what do you do when these cretins continue to spout their anti-Rangers rhetoric time and time again ?

Just ignore it ? The dignified silence doesn't work. We have seen that it only encourages them to produce even more anti-Rangers lies & nonsense.

That's exactly what I think will happen after taking these actions of removing their press privileges.

Removing the arseholes from the press room isn't a magic wand though Tb. It's not going to magically create impartial reporting of Rangers in the Scottish press & media. That's not going to happen. We aren't dealing with kids where taking away their sweetie privileges might be a useful tactic when they misbehave.

I agree that it wont cure all the ills in the Scottish mhedia, but we have to start to make a stand. However this will only work as one small piece of a much larger effort to get some fair media attention, but for starters I can live with the safe knowledge that two of the journos that hate us will no longer get free programmes, pies, coffee and facilities at our ground and training centre, and hopefully this is extended to many more.

I am hoping that we had contacted their bosses in advance, asking for assurances of impartial reporting, and when we didnt get a sufficient answer, removed their press privileges, and warned their editors/bosses that we will not accept such shoddy reporting of our club.

I am on record as saying that I believe we should not need to hold press conferences at all, and we should not be spending money on advertising in the press at all. In this day and age papers are dead. Give a tv conference for local/national tv stations, and give a RTV pre-match interview and post a pre-match written interview with the manager and a leading player so fans have something to read/watch in advance of the match. It then gives the scum mhedia nowhere to invent a slant on the media conference as they have done many many times before.

Long gone are the days where the written media were helpful in us selling more match day tickets.

I agree that it wont cure all the ills in the Scottish mhedia, but we have to start to make a stand. However this will only work as one small piece of a much larger effort to get some fair media attention, but for starters I can live with the safe knowledge that two of the journos that hate us will no longer get free programmes, pies, coffee and facilities at our ground and training centre, and hopefully this is extended to many more.

I am hoping that we had contacted their bosses in advance, asking for assurances of impartial reporting, and when we didnt get a sufficient answer, removed their press privileges, and warned their editors/bosses that we will not accept such shoddy reporting of our club.

I am on record as saying that I believe we should not need to hold press conferences at all, and we should not be spending money on advertising in the press at all. In this day and age papers are dead. Give a tv conference for local/national tv stations, and give a RTV pre-match interview and post a pre-match written interview with the manager and a leading player so fans have something to read/watch in advance of the match. It then gives the scum mhedia nowhere to invent a slant on the media conference as they have done many many times before.

Long gone are the days where the written media were helpful in us selling more match day tickets.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying and the ironic thing is that in one sense I'm delighted the Club's taking action against these arseholes, but I just can't help feeling that it's not going to help us and that if anything it'll just make them more venomous.

Has anyone seen confirmation from any major MSM outlet that these two have actually had their privileges denied? Nothing on the club website either.

I can't imagine that the Club would release any official statement about it. Chris Graham's well enough connected to have his facts straight on this and Graham Spiers was blabbing about it all afternoon on Twitter without denying it or anything, so it's bound to be correct.

I can't imagine that the Club would release any official statement about it. Chris Graham's well enough connected to have his facts straight on this and Graham Spiers was blabbing about it all afternoon on Twitter without denying it or anything, so it's bound to be correct.

Just like he was well-enough connected when he put up the Mohammed cartoon?

Just like he was well-enough connected when he put up the Mohammed cartoon?

I'm not really sure what your point is here. It's a pretty poor response to what was a completely genuine answer from me to your original post.

I'm not really sure what your point is here. It's a pretty poor response to what was a completely genuine answer from me to your original post.

I never asked for your opinion, I asked for confirmation of the tweet.