Nathan Oduwa signs from Spurs on loan

what happens if Waghorn and Miller both get injured and we are left with just youngsters to carry to the team onto the championship. You confident they would be enough to get the job done?

Yes I am. If Warburton isn't he should sign a permanent player.

The players need to be available to sign on a permanent basis. You make that sound as if it is as easy as going to Asda. If the players he wants are not available then the next best option to strengthen the team is a good loan deal.

The players need to be available to sign on a permanent basis. You make that sound as if it is as easy as going to Asda. If the players he wants are not available then the next best option to strengthen the team is a good loan deal.

Then make do. Take the risk. Selling Gallagher to loan a spurs reserve.

Not for me.

St Mirren new boy Calum Gallagher out to gun down Rangers

ST MIRREN new boy Calum Gallagher is looking to gun down his former team-mates at Ibrox tonight.

The 20-year-old forward made the decision to quit Rangers this week in order to play regular first-team football – and he believes the Saints are capable of an upset this evening.

The curtain comes up on the Ladbrokes Championship season and, while the Light Blues and Hibs have been widely regarded as the favourites to battle for the title, Gallagher believes it would be foolish to write them.

And the striker is desperate to make a mark on his debut for the Paisley side tonight. The player scored on his debut for Rangers when he netted at Ibrox against Dunfermline in April last year – and he would love to do the same again.

“Two debuts and two goals at Ibrox would be nice! Tonight will take care of itself,” said Gallagher. “I am focused and really looking forward to the game. If I get an opportunity then I am sure that I will show up.

“I have actually never been in the away dressing room before at Ibrox – maybe I should have taken a tour before I left.

“It will be strange, but everyone at Ibrox has always been good to me. I will maybe pop my head in and say hello to the boys, but it will need to wait until after the game because I will want to focus on the event. St Mirren v Rangers is more important than Calum Gallagher coming back to Rangers.

Promoted stories

“That is where my head is at. I am really focused on getting a result.”

And Gallagher believes that a sell-out Ibrox can actually work in favour of his new Buddies rather than intimidate Ian Murray’s men.

The striker, who spent five years at the club, is well aware of the pressure that comes from the home support, and he knows that an impressive start from Saints could mute the volume inside Ibrox.

“I would say that when you go into Ibrox you almost have a freedom to play because if things go against Rangers, the noise drops and the fans can get frustrated,” he said. “I think that going there as an away team gives you a freedom to play that isn’t always afforded to the home side.

“That is not to say anything against the Rangers fans who were always brilliant with me, but it is easier for the away team to go and perform with a freedom and try to get a result and play.”

And Gallagher is confident that Saints can lay down a marker this evening.

While Murray’s side will look to take something from the game, Gallagher also believes it will be useful for St Mirren to set out the philosophy that they wish to adhere to for the remainder of the campaign.

“That is important, although it is probably more important that you set out the style of play and the method you want to conduct yourself in throughout the season,” he said. “The work ethic should be there, the style that the manager wants to employ and bring that in as quick as possible.

“The game is massively important, but the result will take care of itself. After training with the boys yesterday, I am sure it will be a good game.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spfl/13580931.St_Mirren_new_boy_Calum_Gallagher_out_to_gun_down_Rangers/

I don't think we "sold" Gallagher ( a right winger / right sided attacker) for the sake of loaning someone else, not least if that someone is actually a centre forward. It simply does not befit us right now to speak about loan deals as if we were Rangers FC competing for the top tier title and hunting for European glory. And it is likewise rather strange to blow this debate about one or two loanees up again as if we'd play a full team of them. Each to his/her own, but we should remain objective here.

So sign a permanent player on, say, 3k a week.... who could easily turn out to be a bust or only be good enough for our current level.

OR

Sign a young guy on loan where his parent club may be paying the full salary, for a one season stint to assist in getting us to the Premier league thus allowing us to sign a better standard of permanent player for the top league next year - saving us money in the process....

Hardie will get his chance like all the rest, I think Warburton is showing that already. But we shouldn't be hanging our hopes on our young players just because they are ours. If they are good enough, great. If they aren't then get in the quality needed regardless of whether or not they are permanent signings.

Then make do. Take the risk. Selling Gallagher to loan a spurs reserve.

Not for me.

Take the risk ? Seriously ? I thought we would have moved past that. Taking the risk this season would be utter folly.