Gedion Zelalem joins Rangers from Arsenal on loan until January

when the players who have came in leave with their careers benefiting from the experience it opens the eyes and shows proof to all other youth players out there what playing for Rangers can do for their careers. The bigger the names associated with our club especially from a young age the larger the name recognition we receive. It shows all employees involved in the youth department from scouts to coaches the level of player that is necessary to have. It shows talented players what opportunities present themselves by playing for rangers. If everything goes well it also means there is a very talented player out there with a soft spot for Rangers who otherwise would never have looked at us. Again if everything goes well it enhances our sell ability as a club and shines up our name recognition in terms of our academy. It speaks volumes when teams like arsenal who play a certain way and players who then go onto play at a high level have been coached by us. Its all about brand awareness. Its also about keeping our standards high and setting the bench mark for achievable and acceptable levels in player recruitment. Playing players who are not good enough just because they came from the u20's or such is lowering the tone and ability of the whole club tarnishing our name and ability to attract and improve quality players.

imagine next year when warburton is trying to attract players, any player worth his salt will look at how the team played under him. Having the likes of the boy from arsenal strutting his stuff shows what warburton wants in its best light.

It is only my opinion but i would say the likes of odauwa coming in and showing his level of ability has already benefited the likes of mckay by denting his ego a little and making him realise he needs to buckle down and achieve more. It also helps break the scottish mentality in our young players of what is achievable on the field. Watching odouwa run with the ball and getting the fans on their feet is a shining example to the likes of mckay and walsh, just the same as brian laudrup encouraged a legion of wee boys to play his style of football so in a lesser degree do these boys.

I think we SHOULD try to promote the best of our youths as GS says; but that apart I agree with your inciteful comments, especially emulating the Arsenal style of football and showing the standards that we should achieve. I saw Arsenal at West ham a couple of years back with Arteta quarter-backing them from the centre circle, a complete joy to behold.

I think we SHOULD try to promote the best of our youths as GS says; but that apart I agree with your inciteful comments, especially emulating the Arsenal style of football and showing the standards that we should achieve. I saw Arsenal at West ham a couple of years back with Arteta quarter-backing them from the centre circle, a complete joy to behold.
I agree when possible we should and imagine we will buy youth players rather than loan them but you must first crawl before you walk. We need to attract high class youth recruits the best way to do that is to first show them the club in the best light possible.

personally dont think they are correct but........

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-pull-signing-coup-highly-6297607

Rangers pull off signing coup as highly-rated Arsenal youngster Gedion Zelalem agrees season's loan deal

08:43, 22 AUGUST 2015

BY RECORD SPORT ONLINE

THE 18-year-old playmaker has joined on a loan deal until the end of the season but won't face Hibs on Sunday.

965 Shares

Tweet

+1

Pinterest

Stuart MacFarlane/Arsenal FC via Getty ImagesGedion Zelalem in action for Arsenal's Under-21 side at the Emirates Stadium

RANGERS have secured the signature of Arsenal kid Gedion Zelalem on a season long loan deal.

The highly-rated American under-20 international, previously capped at youth level by Germany before a late switch, will attend Rangers' clash with Hibs on Sunday at Ibrox.

Zelalem had been tracked by a number of English Championship clubs but has decided his short term future lies in Glasgow with Mark Warburton's men.

The 18-year-old becomes the third loan signing to join the Ibrox club in the past couple of weeks after Tottenham duo Nathan Oduwa and Dominic Ball signed on the dotted line ahead of last weekend's match with Alloa.

Speaking about the Arsenal youngster, Warburton said: “He’s an extremely talented ball player who sees a pass, is very creative and one of the young gems at Arsenal.

“He’s a No.8 or a 10, slight in frame but very clever.”

What pisses me of with load deals is this.If this boy is as good as they say,the press etc start asking-what do think of the club-"its great,my teamates are great, the fans are superb etc.

The boy cant say anything else.Then it turns,"lets see if we can make him an offer that will convince him to stay".

This boy like most others is here to further HIS career,nothing else.Lets enjoy him whilst hes here,we are but a stepping stone for him.

This is the case with 99% of successful loans.

Its understadable,but self deluding.