Gedion Zelalem joins Rangers from Arsenal on loan until January

It's not as if it's unusual anyway. We've been sending some of our young players out on loan until January pretty much every season. Sometimes the loan deals get extended, sometimes they don't.

Quote from the player today.

"The training is similar to what we do at Arsenal, everything is on the ground with possession based stuff"

Imagine us a year ago just now reading this :D We would have been like well theres no way that's Rangers he's talking about!!

Wouldn't read too much into what Arsenal do in training, watched them tonight and they looked nothing like world beaters, very ordinary against a mediocre Liverpool side.

I think Arsenal are very similar to us at present (albeit on a much higher level).

Good to watch i.e. they play lots of one touch stuff, plenty of movement. Sharp and crisp.

Shoot themselves on the foot numerous times

Concede far too many chances

Don't have that traditional penalty box striker

And that is by no means meant as a criticism of us.

If I was Wenger I'd be screaming at the board to spend £50M on Benzema however.

can you expand on how it was arsenals decision and who gets to extend the deal?

My contact at Arsenal advises that "You're to pay £6.5k a week of his wages which sounds like an awful lot for Rangers to me. There is a break clause in January. No loan fee."

So essentially it is a season long contract and my understanding is that either side can activate the break in January but I'll try to get that confirmed.

Edit: "At Arsenal's discretion apparently"

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I think Arsenal are very similar to us at present (albeit on a much higher level).

Good to watch i.e. they play lots of one touch stuff, plenty of movement. Sharp and crisp.

Shoot themselves on the foot numerous times

Concede far too many chances

Don't have that traditional penalty box striker

And that is by no means meant as a criticism of us.

If I was Wenger I'd be screaming at the board to spend £50M on Benzema however.

My contact at Arsenal says "Arsène Wenger is apparently driving chief executive Ivan Gazidis bonkers because he keeps on blowing hot and cold about the players he wants to bring in and the players he wants to loan out or sell. Gazidis asked for a list of targets and players to be transferred or loaned out at the end of April last year. He finally got a list in the middle of July which Wenger has changed three times since."