This Cup isn't out of the question.

Looking at the results tonight says this trophy is a stick on for us.

The Scottish League Cup has been in existence for almost 70 years (older than me :D This trophy is like a magnet to Rangers FC 27 successes along with 34 final appearances. It should be re-named the Rangers Cup.

We continue our journey against Airdrieonians tomorrow night with more expectation than hope.

28 this year?

The Scottish League Cup has been in existence for almost 70 years (older than me :D This trophy is like a magnet to Rangers FC 27 successes along with 34 final appearances. It should be re-named the Rangers Cup.

We continue our journey against Airdrieonians tomorrow night with more expectation than hope.

28 this year?

An old firm final to get the blood going. One thing is for sure, Warburten won't shite it as Ally did.

An old firm final to get the blood going. One thing is for sure, Warburten won't shite it as Ally did.

Pete,

They have told us themselves four years ago that the old firm does not exist, that they can go through life independently. As Warburton says, they are just another 3 points. He's not been here long enough to know better.

Pete,

They have told us themselves four years ago that the old firm does not exist, that they can go through life independently. As Warburton says, they are just another 3 points. He's not been here long enough to know better.

Just another scalp on the road to 28 you mean.:)

1 round at a time although we have nothing to fear from anyone.

Whilst we have taken giant steps in 6 games compared to last season we still have a bit to go. In saying that we should always have been good enough in the last few years to give at least 6 or 7 top flight teams a game but Hearts are proving that getting structures right means they can have a proper go and I expect us to do even better than them.

A good test would be Dundee Utd. We have came up against them in cup comps and been put out but now we have improved it would be a good measurement. Alternatively Motherwell after the play offs in May would be a good test.

Lets do the job against Airdrie first and see what the hot and cold balls brings us.

I was always a fan of the league cup, we had fantastic success in it but the SFA screwed it up by making the final into the next calendar year. It should be taken back to its original calendar dates of starting in August and the Final being in October / November

Edited by Gribz

1 round at a time although we have nothing to fear from anyone.

Whilst we have taken giant steps in 6 games compared to last season we still have a bit to go. In saying that we should always have been good enough in the last few years to give at least 6 or 7 top flight teams a game but Hearts are proving that getting structures right means they can have a proper go and I expect us to do even better than them.

A good test would be Dundee Utd. We have came up against them in cup comps and been put out but now we have improved it would be a good measurement. Alternatively Motherwell after the play offs in May would be a good test.

Lets do the job against Airdrie first and see what the hot and cold balls brings us.

I was always a fan of the league cup, we had fantastic success in it but the SFA screwed it up by making the final into the next calendar year. It should be taken back to its original calendar dates of starting in August and the Final being in October / November

I think taking it's European spot away from it killed it tbh. Every trophy should be fought for though.

There's no such thing as a certainty and last night's results contained a few upsets like the Pars dumping out Dundee, Morton beating QotS at Palmerston and Raith putting out Hamilton.

I'm being honest here. I still think we are miles short in defence to beat that mhob. Yes, we would create chances but we would give away plenty as we are. I would also be very worried about our lack of height and presence against them at every set piece.

Very pleased with the progress but still concerned about certain areas. It's a 'No' for me at this stage. Sunday was a wee bit of a reality check for me.