Head of Commercial Appointed

RANGERS Football Club is pleased to confirm the appointment of Scott Steedman as Head of Commercial, initially on a fixed-term contract.

Scott has a wealth of experience in football and joins the Club following a successful period with the SPFL where he played an important role in securing Ladbrokes as the league’s title sponsor.

Before his spell at Hampden he was Head of Sales and Marketing at English Premier League side Southampton and has strong links with UEFA having fulfilled the role of External Venue Operations and Broadcast Manager since 2011.

Rangers Managing Director Stewart Robertson commented: “We are pleased to welcome Scott to Rangers as our new Head of Commercial.

“This is an area of the business that requires strengthening and Scott’s commercial and sponsorship experience will be an asset to the Club going forward. We wish him well in his new role.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/club-news/item/9985-head-of-commercial-appointed

On the face of it another strong appointment to our management team.

I suppose it would depend on how long he was with SPFL if I would call it successful, given they had no main sponsors for a long time. The other mentions from his CV are more interesting, especially the UEFA one.

If the best he could do was that Ladbrokes deal ,he better get up a bit earlier in the morning.

Do you know much about him?,he managed to get Ladbrokes to sponsor a one team League!,I know nothing about him.

Edited by ian1964

No i dont,i read it was a fecking gift to Ladbrokes.

He has not been to my house for tea,You?

Wind yer neck in!,time of the month?,it was a question..................

You know nothing about him yet come on here lambasting him?,lucky we have wiser,smarter people running the club than you then!

Edited by ian1964

The SPFL work was puzzling: surely, that cannot be deemed a successful tenure? The other stuff was more impressive. They should have omitted the SPFL work!

Regardless,we have guys running the club with an aim to restoring the club,I,and many others,trust them to make the correct appointments in achieving that,sure they will make mistakes along the way,but the feel good factor surrounding the club just now has to be enjoyed.