What will Rangers achieve this seaon?

Watching Rangers is like watching Barca at the top of their game...yeah it's against less quality than Barca ever met (with the exception of the 6-1 v dodgy history FC) Rangers are like Barca in a way, dominating the opposition a joy to watch and very special too for entertainment value.

I'm not the slightest bit worried about meeting any side in the world right now, maybe Barca would have something to say about that though. Bring any side on and Rangers will wipe the floor with them. (Scottish sides)

The only thing Id put to that was Advocaat had us playing at a level I thought was magnificent and we could give anyone a game in 1999-2000 season. But that was an expensive team, what Warburton is going one better on a fraction of that budget and he is also doing it behind the scenes and off the park as well with putting things in place and a footballing attitude that I haven't seen before.

To be honest I think Warburton will be at Spurs in the not too distant future. Hopefully we make a lot of compensation money. I would love to think he is a Struth figure but unfortunately we cannot even think of crossing swords with an EPL team.

To be honest I think Warburton will be at Spurs in the not too distant future. Hopefully we make a lot of compensation money. I would love to think he is a Struth figure but unfortunately we cannot even think of crossing swords with an EPL team.

I think he'd rather be here than at Spurs, why would he throw away all that is golden for some club who can't boast a history like Rangers?

Sure the money might sway him if Rangers can't pay him the same amount which I doubt.

He'll be here for a long long time I'm sure, this is his home. :tu:

I think he'd rather be here than at Spurs, why would he throw away all that is golden for some club who can't boast a history like Rangers?

Sure the money might sway him if Rangers can't pay him the same amount which I doubt.

He'll be here for a long long time I'm sure, this is his home. :tu:

i hope you are right but he is a Spurs supporter and they have started badly. More money and your boyhood dream I doubt Rangers could hold him. As I say I hope I am wrong.

I can see him seeing out his contract at Ibrox though, I think he will want to get the top flight title a right good go before leaving. I would guess his aim is to win the title, get us into the CL again then perhaps get a big job in England which would be like a Spurs. Ive actually no problem with that if he succeeds with us first.

I can see him seeing out his contract at Ibrox though, I think he will want to get the top flight title a right good go before leaving. I would guess his aim is to win the title, get us into the CL again then perhaps get a big job in England which would be like a Spurs. Ive actually no problem with that if he succeeds with us first.

Totally agree with that but if Spurs stay on the losing trend I fear they may make a push for him. The 10 million pound question is can he get a EPL team to use the tactics that he worships. I fear unless he can buy the cream of cream his team would get humped on the break by most top English teams.

I'm not sure our squad is big enough to go to the final stages of all 4 competitions, but hopefully the League will be sufficiently comfortable to allow us to prioritise the Scottish Cup.

Getting Euro football back would be a massive boost for the Club and the support as TannochsideBear said.

Edited by Mountain Bear

• 3 weeks later...
After watching us against St Johnstone tonight I don't expect a run in the Scottish cup.

Hopefully get drawn against another top league team though and we will see what progress has been made.

If we're to do anything in the SC we'll need 3 or 4 players in january for the positions which were shown tonight where we need better quality than what we've currently got