Think he is finally being found out, he sulks if he doesn't get the players he wants which says he cant manage unless he is happy. He swore at Martinez because he was second in the press conference after the game - as you say, cunt of a man...terrible manners. Martinez oozes class. Id love to see Chelsea finish outside the top 4.

There is no doubt about it, the doctor issue has made him lose a lot of respect from everywhere and fair play to her, she isn't backing down. If Arsenal go their on Saturday with confidence they could give them a hiding.

Am I the only person who thinks Mourinho was right regarding the doctor? Perhaps demoting the woman was harsh, but she did deserve to be criticised IMO.

He is a bad loser, but he's not used to it. Chelsea need a few fresh faces. It is the one criticism of Mourinho's career: he hasn't quite managed to re-fresh a team like Ferguson used to do; usually he adds finished players, then moves on before the team gets past their peak.

Am I the only person who thinks Mourinho was right regarding the doctor? Perhaps demoting the woman was harsh, but she did deserve to be criticised IMO.

He is a bad loser, but he's not used to it. Chelsea need a few fresh faces. It is the one criticism of Mourinho's career: he hasn't quite managed to re-fresh a team like Ferguson used to do; usually he adds finished players, then moves on before the team gets past their peak.

Yup you probably are. Can you explain how you think he was right....we have seen players die on the pitch recently so for tactics to be more important than that then its a joke. Horrendous comment.

Yup you probably are. Can you explain how you think he was right....we have seen players die on the pitch recently so for tactics to be more important than that then its a joke. Horrendous comment.

I think you've jumped the gun with your judgement there. Of course if it is a serious injury, she should be straight on the pitch. However, it was fatigue and he would be fine after running it off; it happens all the time. Because the doctor came on the pitch, the player then has to leave, leaving Chelsea with 9 men. It can cost points, and potentially titles, if one considers how close the season finishes. Like I said, perhaps demoting the woman was harsh, but I still think he was right to criticise her.

On what basis did she deserved to be criticized ? For carrying out her job ? It isn't her fault if some prima donna "superstar" feigns serious injury - she has no option but to treat it as being serious, especially with said player looking like they were in pain. What it was actually a serious injury ????

The ONLY thing that Mourinho considered was getting back into the game - did he even give a thought to the fact that his own player may have got pissed off at him for wishing the Dr to not even attend to him ? Mourinho has scored an almighty own goal with this one.

I think you've jumped the gun with your judgement there. Of course if it is a serious injury, she should be straight on the pitch. However, it was fatigue and he would be fine after running it off; it happens all the time. Because the doctor came on the pitch, the player then has to leave, leaving Chelsea with 9 men. It can cost points, and potentially titles, if one considers how close the season finishes. Like I said, perhaps demoting the woman was harsh, but I still think he was right to criticise her.

I thought that the ref waved her onto the pitch, no ?

I thought that the ref waved her onto the pitch, no ?

It looks like I'm in the minority here. I think you are right, after checking: the Ref did signal for them to go on. I still think it's naive and poor game management/awareness. If it's a serious injury, then sure, get on the pitch as quick as possible. However, the medical team is there to help the team be successful. I think it was pretty obvious it was fatigue -- quite common at the latter stages of a game. Nothing serious, and could cost the team points (I think it was 2-2 and they were down to 10 men?). I would certainly also blame the player for going down in that situation, for the same reasons: Naivety and poor game management/awareness. I also said the demotion was quite harsh. She (and He -- I don't know why it turns into a sexist issue?) should have been criticised in private, not in public.

Edited by Rousseau

It looks like I'm in the minority here. I think you are right, after checking: the Ref did signal for them to go on. I still think it's naive and poor game management/awareness. If it's a serious injury, then sure, get on the pitch as quick as possible. However, the medical team is there to help the team be successful. I think it was pretty obvious it was fatigue -- quite common at the latter stages of a game. Nothing serious, and could cost the team points (I think it was 2-2 and they were down to 10 men?). I would certainly also blame the player for going down in that situation, for the same reasons: Naivety and poor game management/awareness. I also said the demotion was quite harsh. She (and He -- I don't know why it turns into a sexist issue?) should have been criticised in private, not in public.

I would argue that if it is the case that the team were desperate for play to continue to try and secure 3 points then Mourinho should be criticizing Hazard (who was the player in question IIRC), not the doctor. If Hazard was desperate for the team to win he would have found a way to the sideline, particularly if it was only fatigue. But instead he went down and he certainly didn't complain when doctor and physio tended to him.

But, no, Mourinho managed to do what Mourinho does best - deflect from his failure and deflect from his player's failures. And the victim in all of it was the club doctor, who was doing nothing more than her job.

As I said, Mourinho scored a calamitous own goal with this one.

Yes, you said the demotion was harsh, but you also felt she deserved to be criticized. I would disagree that she does. Until she tends to someone she doesn't know what is wrong with them. I give you an example, though probably quite poor.... here in Bermuda in local football the lad goes up for a header, but the keeper wins the ball and they collide. Lad goes down and as soon as he hit the deck the physio rushed onto the pitch without waiting for the ref - everyone wondered why because it looked inoccuous enough..... turns out the physio had seen the same type of collision before - and he was proven right as his swift intervention prevented the player from swallowing his tongue.

Now, if something WAS wrong with Hazard and the doctor simply stayed on the sidelines, trying to not get involved and giving Chelsea some time to score the winning goal.... and they found out afterwards that the doctor's inaction has Hazard out for 3 months.... where would that leave the doctor ? Not only would her Chelsea career be over but she could lose her livelihood for incompetence too.

I just can't see how anyone can defend Mourinho in all of this. If he needed to complain about anyone it really should have been the player.

I'd like to point out she wasn't the first member of the medical team on the pitch, but she was the one singled out by Jose. Medical teams can't go on the pitch unless invited and they are bound by their oath to do their duty. She could get in serious trouble refusing to provide medical treatment to someone.

Jose did that because he could, because she is one of very few women in football and therefore it's easy to claim she doesn't understand the game.

I would argue that if it is the case that the team were desperate for play to continue to try and secure 3 points then Mourinho should be criticizing Hazard (who was the player in question IIRC), not the doctor. If Hazard was desperate for the team to win he would have found a way to the sideline, particularly if it was only fatigue. But instead he went down and he certainly didn't complain when doctor and physio tended to him.

Yes, absolutely. I said it was naive and poor game management from Hazard's perspective.

But, no, Mourinho managed to do what Mourinho does best - deflect from his failure and deflect from his player's failures. And the victim in all of it was the club doctor, who was doing nothing more than her job. As I said, Mourinho scored a calamitous own goal with this one.

Don't all the best manager 'deflect'? Ferguson was very good at deflecting attention away from him and his team; and always created that 'us versus them' mentality. It's clear that you don't like Mourinho, whereas I do, so perhaps we are both biased in that sense. Like I said, I understand why He criticised the Medial staff.

Yes, you said the demotion was harsh, but you also felt she deserved to be criticized. I would disagree that she does. Until she tends to someone she doesn't know what is wrong with them. I give you an example, though probably quite poor.... here in Bermuda in local football the lad goes up for a header, but the keeper wins the ball and they collide. Lad goes down and as soon as he hit the deck the physio rushed onto the pitch without waiting for the ref - everyone wondered why because it looked inoccuous enough..... turns out the physio had seen the same type of collision before - and he was proven right as his swift intervention prevented the player from swallowing his tongue.

I've said previously: If it's a serious injury, then get on the pitch as quick as possible. I'm not disputing a Doctor's obligation. I'm suggesting it's poor game management, like Mourinho said. It was quite clearly a fatigue related 'injury' (it wasn't an injury) -- and yes the player should be criticised -- so there was no need to come on the pitch. There are plenty of occasions where a player is down, but the Medical team don't come on.

Now, if something WAS wrong with Hazard and the doctor simply stayed on the sidelines, trying to not get involved and giving Chelsea some time to score the winning goal.... and they found out afterwards that the doctor's inaction has Hazard out for 3 months.... where would that leave the doctor ? Not only would her Chelsea career be over but she could lose her livelihood for incompetence too.

That's a completely hypothetical situation that has no relation to the actual circumstances. (I don't think they were trying to score the winning goal, but trying to hang on to the draw because they had 10 men. The Score and the objective is irrelevant. The fact is Chelsea were disadvantaged -- rightly or wrongly; I don't know because I can't remember who or why they got a man sent off -- and were even more so because the Medical staff came onto the pitch.)

I just can't see how anyone can defend Mourinho in all of this. If he needed to complain about anyone it really should have been the player.

I agree that the player is even more guilty in this situation. However, I also think that the Medical staff should have been a little shrewder in their judgment. I'd be pretty annoyed if Rangers were down to 10 men in the Scottish Cup final against Celtic leading 2-1 and the Doctor comes on to 'treat' fatigue in the latter stages of a game leaving us with 9 men.