Clyde’s Barry Ferguson to recruit ex-Rangers duo

CRAIG P STEWART

17:39Monday 14 September 2015

CLYDE manager Barry Ferguson is set to bring two former colleagues from his playing days at Ibrox to the Bully Wee with Marvin Andrews and Stephen Hughes set to join the Bully Wee.

The duo have been training with Clyde in recent weeks and 39-year-old Andrews is close to agreeing a deal that would see him join his tenth Scottish club after starting off at Raith Rovers in 1997 and then playing for Livingston, Rangers, Hamilton Accies, Queen of the South, Albion Rovers, Forfar, Elgin and Montrose.

Scotland cap Hughes started his career at Rangers in 1999 and has had stints at Leicester City, Motherwell, Norwich City, Milton Keynes Dons, Aberdeen, East Fife and Dundee. The 32-year-old has not played since May 2014 due to an ankle injury with a comeback at Stenhousemuir ending last season when manager Scott Booth was sacked.

Contracts with the pair have been discussed with Ferguson keen to get the deals finalised this week.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/clyde-s-barry-ferguson-to-recruit-ex-rangers-duo-1-3886408

Barry taking the typical old Rangers method. Preferably an old stag than a young contender. All the best to the guys though. Hughes looked a really good player for a while the he just seemed to go backwards.

[sOUNDCLOUD][/sOUNDCLOUD]

Hughes was unbelievably weak. No power in his body or his shots.

Hahaha I laughed.

His powder puff shots were a thing of beauty ............. it was as if he was shooting in treacle.

Edited by JTP

[sOUNDCLOUD][/sOUNDCLOUD]

Hahaha I laughed.

His powder puff shots were a thing of beauty ............. it was as if he was shooting in treacle.

When he took a shot from 25 yards out it was like a 12 year old boy hitting the shot.

It's all about opinions Gribz, you probably still think Buffel and Sebo are legends :)

Harsh mate.....:D

I still standby the opinion Buffel was a cracking player on his day. I was just mentioning to WhostheDado the other day about the last Euro game I was at 3-2 win v Porto in 2005 and Buffel was immense that game.

Sebo was all heart and certainly gave his all. He wasn't Maradona but he always gave the effort.