HMRC lose again

So was the 'HMRC Lose Again' title bollocks then?

What he said.

This happens a lot in cases like this, the judges give their ruling to the QC's sometime weeks in advance of the result being officially recorded. Hold ,hold.......hold.

This happens a lot in cases like this, the judges give their ruling to the QC's sometime weeks in advance of the result being officially recorded. Hold ,hold.......hold.

No they don't.

No they don't.

I was involved case that went to the high court in Edinburgh, we were told about six weeks before it was recorded we had won it. Then it went to appeal, when we were told about two weeks in advance we had lost the appeal. Maybe our QC hacked the Judges computer who's knows?

I was involved case that went to the high court in Edinburgh, we were told about six weeks before it was recorded we had won it. Then it went to appeal, when we were told about two weeks in advance we had lost the appeal. Maybe our QC hacked the Judges computer who's knows?

I am not certain about this I think you might find that the QC's are given sight of a draft judgement in case they feel any corrections might be justified e.g. the judgement says they argued A when they say that they actually argued B. These suggested amendments might go back to the court for consideration before the final judgement is handed down. This would avoid any dispute on a matter of the law argued. It would also mean that they would be able to say on the day whether they were minded to accept the judgement or not.

I am not certain about this I think you might find that the QC's are given sight of a draft judgement in case they feel any corrections might be justified e.g. the judgement says they argued A when they say that they actually argued B. These suggested amendments might go back to the court for consideration before the final judgement is handed down. This would avoid any dispute on a matter of the law argued. It would also mean that they would be able to say on the day whether they were minded to accept the judgement or not.

The first notice i got was a phone call from our solicitor saying the QC was indicating from chambers we had won the case, but the official ruling would follow in a month, it duly followed we received the judges ruling in about six weeks as there was a break of some kind, that senior judge's attend , The first tier ruling was know at least six weeks before it was officially declared that is a fact.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Two things:

Judges and Counsel lunch together in a sumptuous dining room. Words to the wise, gypsy's warnings, nods and winks.

Stenos, transcribers, printers and binders gossip.

Whatever, let's hope it's true.

btw, I'm just assuming the dining room is sumptuous.

Worth remembering that the legal process can drag on and be unpredictable when thinking about timescales and the live cases (takeovers; 2011 & 2012) that will see some 'activity' next week and that may go on to have significant repercussions for our football club.

Four years ago we were being told that the tax tribunal would come up with a judgement in the November sitting (2011) of the 'Big Tax Case, that would crystalise the amount the club would owe HMRC. It was taken for granted that HMRC were going to 'win'.

Edited by buster.