MIDFIELDERS

Ikechi Anya (Watford)

Scott Brown (Celtic)

Darren Fletcher (West Brom)

James Forrest (Celtic)

Shaun Maloney (Hull City)

James Morrison (West Brom)

James McArthur (Crystal Palace)

Kevin MacDonald (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

Matt Ritchie (Bournemouth AFC)

Johnny Russell (Derby County)

STRIKERS

Steven Fletcher (Sunderland)

Leigh Griffiths (Celtic)

Chris Martin (Derby)

Steven Naismith (Everton)

Jordan Rhodes (Blackburn Rovers)

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/scotland-squad-for-poland-gibraltar-announced-1-3901617#ixzz3nBqr4otf

I think there is enough there to beat Poland which would pretty much guarantee play off spot unless we somehow didn't beat Gibraltar. But Strachan has to play form players this time, playing Fletcher upfront last time out was a mistake.

There isn't much between the goalkeepers, at the peak of their form all 3 are top notch.

Id go

Marshall

Whittaker

Martin

Mulgrew

Hutton

Anya

Brown

Fletcher

McArthur

Maloney

Naismith

No place for Wallace, that's a travesty.

We need to win the last two games to have any chance so we should attack with at least 2 strikers and a goalscoring full back would be a bonus rather than playing a right footer out of position or Robertson who has been found wanting recently.

The form strikers are Naismith and Griffiths (sorry to say it because he's a little sh*t but the facts speak for themselves) unless Waghorn could find a Scottish grandfather.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

No place for Wallace, that's a travesty.

We need to win the last two games to have any chance so we should attack with at least 2 strikers and a goalscoring full back would be a bonus rather than playing a right footer out of position or Robertson who has been found wanting recently.

The form strikers are Naismith and Griffiths (sorry to say it because he's a little sh*t but the facts speak for themselves) unless Waghorn could find a Scottish grandfather.

I like Waghorn as a player but his goalscoring record this season has a very large asterisk beside it for me - he may have 11 in 12 games or whatever it is, but I discount penalties, of which he has scored about 6. 5 goals in 12 games for a striker, in the 2nd tier, is not something I would consider good goalscoring form.

He has been playing well, that I would agree. But his goalscoring exploits aren't that prolific, last weekend aside

I see the on form Lewandowski scored a treble in the CL last night for Bayern :frown:

Along with his 5 goals in 9 minutes last weekend he is a player who epitomizes "on form". It isn't as if his goals are tap-ins or coming from penalties either - he is banging them in from everywhere. The last of his 5 last weekend was a screamer !

If we don't get to grips with him when we play Poland it could be over by half time.....

I like Waghorn as a player but his goalscoring record this season has a very large asterisk beside it for me - he may have 11 in 12 games or whatever it is, but I discount penalties, of which he has scored about 6. 5 goals in 12 games for a striker, in the 2nd tier, is not something I would consider good goalscoring form.

He has been playing well, that I would agree. But his goalscoring exploits aren't that prolific, last weekend aside

The comment was a little tongue in cheek, Craig.

One glance at Waghorn's career record 42 in 198 games largely in the Championship shows he is not a prolific scorer and for me he is more effective on the right than through the middle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martyn_Waghorn

The comment was a little tongue in cheek, Craig.

One glance at Waghorn's career record 42 in 198 games largely in the Championship shows he is not a prolific scorer and for me he is more effective on the right than through the middle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martyn_Waghorn

I know BH :D

I agree, he is the type best served to be running AT players, rather than with his back to goal.