Tavernier Tweet

Fair enough and we have rescued his career after 7 loans in 5 seasons but we have heard all this before, many times.

Did Carlos Cuellar not say he wanted to play for us for life, 5 minutes before he signed for Aston Villa.

Ultimately players go where the money is.

He's played virtually all his career in League One. Call me cynical if you like but let's say he's on £5/6k a week with us; if a Championship club comes calling with £10-20k a week does anyone seriously expect him to turn that down and not swear undying loyalty to his new club and their fans?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Fair enough and we have rescued his career after 7 loans in 5 seasons but we have heard all this before, many times.

Did Carlos Cuellar not say he wanted to play for us for life, 5 minutes before he signed for Aston Villa.

Ultimately players go where the money is.

He's played virtually all his career in League One. Call me cynical if you like but let's say he's on £5/6k a week with us; if a Championship club comes calling with £10-20k a week does anyone seriously expect him to turn that down and not swear undying loyalty to his new club and their fans?

So!,he is only loving the money and not enjoying his football and playing for Rangers?,every player we sign can move on at some point in their career,what's new in that?.I'm enjoying watching him playing for Rangers.

So!,he is only loving the money and not enjoying his football and playing for Rangers?,every player we sign can move on at some point in their career,what's new in that?.I'm enjoying watching him playing for Rangers.

I'm enjoying watching him as well and I'm sure he enjoys playing in front of 45,000 fans a lot more than 4,000-5,000 at Carlisle and Shrewsbury for example; all I'm saying is that I would take his love and passion for our Club with a rather large pinch of salt until he has been here for 5 or 10 years.

Perhaps some day he will emulate Nacho Novo or Michael Mols in their true passion for Rangers, let's wait and see.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I'm enjoying watching him as well and I'm sure he enjoys playing in front of 45,000 fans a lot more than 4,000-5,000 at Carlisle and Shrewsbury for example; all I'm saying is that I would take his love and passion for our Club with a rather large pinch of salt until he has been here for 5 or 10 years.

Perhaps some day he will emulate Nacho Novo or Michael Mols in their true passion for Rangers, let's wait and see.

May I add Jörg Albertz?

In any case, who knows? At the moment everything clicks for him, us, and Rangers. Long may it continue.