Former Rangers owner Sir David Murray's profits soar

I don't mean this bad but how does King think it can be done then FS? I honestly made the OP comment on the same thoughts as DB. If King thinks it can be done then surely Murray could help Rangers finance it. I am also sure I read somewhere that BDO would also be willing to work on brining it out of liquidation. I may be wrong and can't find it on Google at the moment. Do you think it will be impossible to do and Why? I am not being cheeky just interested why you think or know it can't be done.

Of course it's theoretically possible as King stated (with a fair wind and a hell of a lot of luck) but the notion of Murray dipping his hand in his pocket to further that particular cause is frankly laughably ridiculous.

LOL...long winded way of saying there's f*&k all Murray can do eh?

What gave you any suggestion that a) I said Murray can do it or b) that I knew how he (or indeed King) could do it? But I take it that if anyone knows how to do it it will be folk like King. And I for one take his opinion over yours. Not least because of a continual show of disrespect. But each to his own.

What gave you any suggestion that a) I said Murray can do it or b) that I knew how he (or indeed King) could do it? But I take it that if anyone knows how to do it it will be folk like King. And I for one take his opinion over yours. Not least because of a continual show of disrespect. But each to his own.

If anything, Murray could indeed try to get OldCo out of admin when the time comes.
Pray tell, how?

The world and his dog know how (and why) King could do it but I'm at a loss as to how (and why) Murray could do it, but I could be persuaded by a logical and rational explanation so the floors yours as they say.

Moonbeams was a common word used on here before...the Oldco revival talk smacks of the same.

There is no way that will happen, absolutely, it's my opinion and I'm sticking by it. DK is just following the previous behaviour of others, fighting talk sells tickets. Leave the talking to the players on the park I say.

One day the Oldco might rise from the ashes but winning 55 is more important than anything else and DK is just being foolish bringing that up.

I agree Murray will never put another cent into Rangers. My OP was a throw away remark in that context but I am like King's statement I would like it to happen. I feel it would be a get it fucking up you to the people that raped us and to the dark side of the city. 55 will come in the not too distant future.

I agree Murray will never put another cent into Rangers. My OP was a throw away remark in that context but I am like King's statement I would like it to happen. I feel it would be a get it fucking up you to the people that raped us and to the dark side of the city. 55 will come in the not too distant future.

Has he ever put money into Rangers? I don't think so in reality.

Has he ever put money into Rangers? I don't think so in reality.

Depends what you mean - to be fair he did put about £50m in at one point (whether it was his, his company's or bank's is another story). He also spent quite a bit in shares and then sold the lot for a penny on the proviso that the debt was paid off and 5m a year invested in the team, which had a certain intended benevolence about it, that obviously didn't crystallise.

However, on the other side, he caused the debt by mismanagement and he did make a lot of money out of Rangers - although it could be argued that if his companies gave value for money then it's pretty legitimate profits.

There's also the intangible gains he made in business from Rangers due to fame and prestige of being the owner/chairman of what was, at the time, a highly successful club.

It's unclear whether he worked for Rangers for free, as he seems to have made money in EBTs.

In the end I think a lot of people agreed that he's probably pretty much broken even.

However, his legacy remains hugely negative.

The world and his dog know how (and why) King could do it but I'm at a loss as to how (and why) Murray could do it, but I could be persuaded by a logical and rational explanation so the floors yours as they say.

Using purely logic and rationale, what makes King able to do it and Murray not?

Seems to me that the new company has nothing to do with the old one bar now owning its former assets. If King can resurrect it, then it follows, Murray can also.

The puzzling bit for the layman, is who now owns the company? Or can anyone acquire it as long as they take on the debt?

Using logic again, if the old company was obtained illegally, it seems the previous majority shareholder would have a bigger claim on ownership than a minority one. Therefore, if King has a claim, so has Murray.

Logically again, if it can be done, all it would really take is time, money and agreement from creditors - the sticking point for doing it would be how much it would take to persuade the creditors. There may also be the odd court case for creditor claims to be fully sorted.

Logically the creditors would not be expected to turn down £1 in the £1 (except perhaps for the illogical HMRC) and you would expect them to be highly interested in a reduced but significant amount.

So logically the question of COULD (not of would) Murray do it, comes down to how much money he has and how much it would take - and I suppose, whether he lives long enough for it to be completed.

There may be some technical crap that breaks this logic, but it's obvious no-one has demonstrated the slightest inkling about it.