Gers appoint McParland

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/gers-appoint-mcparland/

RANGERS Football Club is today delighted to announce the appointment of Frank McParland as Head of Recruitment.

The 56 year-old has been working as Sporting Director at Burnley, and has gained a wealth of experience at various clubs over an impressive career.

A boyhood Liverpool fan, McParland enjoyed two spells on the red half of Merseyside. He worked firstly as Chief Scout between 2003 and 2007, and is credited with unearthing Raheem Sterling and Jordan Ibe in his second spell when working as Director of Academy and Player Development from 2009 to 2013.

He has previously worked alongside Mark Warburton as Director of Football at Brentford before leaving London at the same time as the current Rangers manager during the summer of 2015.

In addition, he also worked as Director of Football at Watford Football Club between 2008 and 2009.

McParland is the latest appointment to be made at Rangers as the club strives to modernise, move forward and return to the highest echelons of the game.

New benchmarks and standards must be set both on and off the field of play, and everyone at Rangers wishes Frank the very best in his new role.

Rangers boss retains final say over signings after McParland arrival

Video: http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/1330765-rangers-boss-retains-final-say-over-signings-after-mcparland-arrival/

Rangers manager Mark Warburton insists he will retain the final say over signings after welcoming the arrival of Frank McParland as the club’s new head of recruitment.

Warburton said that while it would always be his decision over which players to bring to the club, he had "absolute faith" in McParland's judgement and they would work together to identify the right players for the club.

Former Liverpool academy director McParland arrives after leaving his role as sporting director at Burnley.

Speaking on the day that former Barcelona and Man City youth Gui Assulin joined Rangers as a trialist, Warburton said:

"I have absolute faith in his judgement in terms of players and absolute faith in his feedback, which is really important.

"There's no point someone of Frank's calibre looking at players four, five, six times and then me getting over there and saying I'm not so sure.

"It will always be, it has to be, my say, for obvious reasons with me picking the team, that goes without saying, but it's about opinion, listening to that opinion, sharing ideas, sharing knowledge and experience.

"At the end of the day I trust his judgement, he knows what I want and I've got no problem with that, I've got 100% belief in him."

Warburton revealed that McParland will have a remit to search round the world for players, and said that he sees the appointment as "a big step in the right direction" for the club.

"I'm delighted to get someone of Frank's calibre to come to the club," he said.

"He's recognised as one of the best in the business. His track record speaks for itself and we've worked very long and hard to get someone of Frank's calibre to come here."