1963 Scottish cup final.

Thanks for posting, I was at that match, in fact I was at the three in a row, Ralph Brand scored in them all. 1961-62, 2-0 v St Mirren (Brand & Wilson) Att 127,940; 1962-63, 1-1 & 3-0 v Celtic (Brand; Brand 2 & Wilson) Atts 129,643, 120,273; 1963-64 3-1 v Dundee (Millar 2 & Brand) Att 120,982.

Although the St Mirren game was my first cup final, it is the Dundee match in 1964 that lives more prominently in my memory. Dundee under Bob Shankly had equalised Jimmy Millar's first goal through Kenny Cameron but with 90 secs left Millar put Rangers in front. I was only 14 but taller than the man in front of me, who hearing the roar, but apparently seeing nothing, turned and asked "Is it a goal", to which I replied, "Yes, it's a goal". Then Brand scored Rangers third. "Is it another goal", asks the man, "Yes it's another goal" says I.

(British Pathe) 2'19"

(the full Arthur Montford) 20'32" Edited by BrahimHemdani

Thanks for posting, I was at that match, in fact I was at the three in a row, Ralph Brand scored in them all. 1961-62, 2-0 v St Mirren (Brand & Wilson) Att 127,940; 1962-63, 1-1 & 3-0 v Celtic (Brand; Brand & Wilson) Atts 129,643, 120,273; 1963-64 3-1 v Dundee (Millar 2 & Brand) Att 120,982.

Although the St Mirren game was my first cup final, it is the Dundee match in 1964 that lives more prominently in my memory. Dundee under Bob Shankly had equalised Jimmy Millar's first goal through Kenny Cameron but with 90 secs left Millar put Rangers in front. I was only 14 but taller than the man in front of me, who hearing the roar, but apparently seeing nothing, turned and asked "Is it a goal", to which I replied, "Yes, it's a goal". Then Brand scored Rangers third. "Is it another goal", asks the man, "Yes it's another goal" says I.

(British Pathe) 2'19"

(the full Arthur Montford) 20'32"

your post could be a mirror.

ditto the lot.....even remembering the '64 game more than the '63

spooky

Thanks for posting, I was at that match, in fact I was at the three in a row, Ralph Brand scored in them all. 1961-62, 2-0 v St Mirren (Brand & Wilson) Att 127,940; 1962-63, 1-1 & 3-0 v Celtic (Brand; Brand & Wilson) Atts 129,643, 120,273; 1963-64 3-1 v Dundee (Millar 2 & Brand) Att 120,982.

(British Pathe) 2'19"

(the full Arthur Montford) 20'32"

your post could be a mirror.

ditto the lot.....even remembering the '64 game more than the '63

spooky

The 3-0 Final replay game was the first time the "easy easy" chant was heard. Started in the North enclosure and swept round to the main stand. Remember it as if it was yesterday.

In this week back in 1963 rangers beat morton 5-0 to lift the league cup. A certain jim Forrest scored four of the goals and cousin Alex Willoughby scored the other. Jim Forrest went on to score 145 times in 163 games only to be told at the young age of 23 he was no longer good enough for rangers (unbelievable ) As the story goes, Forrest along with George McLean were the two scapegoats for a 1-0 defeat to jock Wallace's Berwick in the Scottish cup in 1967, one of the worst days in my 60 years young supporting my hero's....

Thats the guy CS Forrest was a rocket he ran the guts out Billy McNeil lol..

For a few seasons back in the sixties every time you saw a photo of a Celtic goalkeeper Jim Forrest was standing in front of him with his arms raised and the ball in the back of the net. :yesrfc:

We old codgers remember the 1964 final better than 1963 because in Dundee there was a high quality opposition which made for a better match. I remember the goals like yesterday. Kenny Cameron's was a screamer.

For a few seasons back in the sixties every time you saw a photo of a Celtic goalkeeper Jim Forrest was standing in front of him with his arms raised and the ball in the back of the net. :yesrfc:

Poor old Caesar. Just when he thought he was safe from Jimmy Millar out jumpling him, along came Forrest to run him ragged.