Bell & Templeton

I thought Bell was under contract until the end of NEXT season ?

Didnt McCoist give him a 4 year deal?

He may well be but he'll leave next summer if he's not playing. No chance of him being happy to sit on the bench.

He may well be but he'll leave next summer if he's not playing. No chance of him being happy to sit on the bench.

I don't think Bell will be going anywhere before the end of his lucrative contract McCoist gave him. Where else would he get that sort of money?

I don't think Bell will be going anywhere before the end of his lucrative contract McCoist gave him. Where else would he get that sort of money?

You could have said the same about Zaliukas and others recently but we managed to cut a deal with them.

Let's be honest here if cammy bell hadn't made that horendous mistake at Motherwell we wouldn't be hammering him all the time. Bell wasn't the same when he came back from his injury was he?..

Honestly, it was a nightmare for him and at the day for us, but nothing I would go ballistic about for years. The whole team f*cked up both games, so his mistake was "just" playing up to the same standards as the rest. But how often have we seen this, i.e. keepers scrambling back to the line and failing to make good contact? I still remember the goal Nisbet scored in the CL in 92/93, or the one Cousin hit nearly from the half-way line against the Germans.

A truly woeful one to concede was the one Simonsen handed to Dundee United, which was truly horrendous from the keeper. Likewise Pressley's attempted pass-back to Goram in the rain-battle against Marseille, again in 92/93. These are things that still make your skin crawl.

Edited by der Berliner

IMO, unless we have an injury crisis, Bell will never play for the club again. Under MW and DW where the keeper has to have reasonable distribution skills, I would place Bell well behind Kelly. If you look back at this forum last season, he was regularly criticised for staying on his goal line and for leaving his defence (!) to clear any crosses. He was (and presumably still is) a good shot stopper, but I would have no confidence in him fitting into the style with which we currently play.

From my point of view, Bell's calamity against Motherwell was the worst goalkeeping mistake I have ever seen a Rangers keeper make, and I have seen plenty over the years!

Can you remember Der when a couple of seasons ago Alexander threw the ball into the net in the last minute to give Elgin or Annan a point....unbelievable.

It was Montrose at Ibrox season 12/13 IIRC.It was a league game & not a premiership play-off game.

We need to get shot off Bell ASAP. His latest 'injury' is preventing young Kelly going out on loan somewhere to gain experience.

We also need proper cover for Foderingham in case he gets injured( a proper injury mind you)