Warburton scoffs at Kevin Nolan links...

Nolan has played almost his entire career in the Premier League and he's only 33 whereas Eustace has played almost his entire career in the Championship and is almost 36.

Nolan has scored a goal nearly every 5 games thoughout his career, Eustace has scored less than 1 in 10 games.

Nolan hasn't played since August but Eustace hasn't played since last January.

Nolan has played 15 games in Europe, Eustace has no European experience.

Some would argue we need a goalscoring attacking midfielder as much or more than a defensive midfielder.

Nolan would be great signing, Eustace would be a major gamble.

If it's a choice, it's a no brainer.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

The stats are different because you're comparing an apple with an orange. It may well be the manager fancies both players but given his age he may also want to convert Nolan into a more defensive midfielder - especially if Eustace's injury has returned.

Nolan is a couple of years younger and has a decent career for various EPL teams (with periods in the Championship too) but I'd imagine his financial package would also be higher as a result. In any case, I'm not sure the story is accurate but I guess we'll see.

If I'm honest, I'm fairly non-plussed with the pursuit of either player but experience is no bad thing with the correct signing or two.

I'm not convinced we need Nolan at all. He's an attacking midfielder, whereas, like Rab said, we need a defensive midfielder. I understood and welcomed the Eustace deal; I do not care for the Nolan link. He may be 3 years younger, and played at a higher level, but he doesn't play well in a defensive role, and he's not used to our attacking, free-flowing style. He's a 'big Sam' type of player, not 'oor Warbs'.