Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

personally i think it has more to do with the fact they have been watching Scottish football and especially rangers for years and are massively sceptical that this level of consistent acquisition can either win the premier or qualify for Europe.

That and anyone with any knowledge of the patience shown by an Ibrox crowd which has basically written off one of the top ten rated youth talents in England in less than 6 months will somehow accept players of this calibre as building blocks for an improved future as anything other than a pipe dream.

Brave post on this forum! Good for you. I've not got involved because I have seen so little of us play since early in the saeson but I lnow Ibrox crowd's lack of patience form 50 yeas of experiencing it.

I noted this, which would appear to back up your claim:

"Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem has extended his loan deal with Rangers until the end of the season after helping the Scottish club climb to the top of the Scottish second division.

Zelalem, 18, has made 15 appearances for Rangers so far -- including 12 in the league -- and set up two goals on his debut in the League Cup.

The American under-23 international is seen as one of the most talented members of Arsenal's youth academy, having joined the Gunners from Hertha Berlin two years ago."

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2781428/arsenal-youngster-gedion-zelalem-extends-rangers-loan-deal

Edited by SteveC

Brave post on this forum! Good for you. I've not got involved because I have seen so little of us play since early in the saeson but I lnow Ibrox crowd's lack of patience form 50 yeas of experiencing it.

I noted this, which would appear to back up your claim:

"Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem has extended his loan deal with Rangers until the end of the season after helping the Scottish club climb to the top of the Scottish second division.

Zelalem, 18, has made 15 appearances for Rangers so far -- including 12 in the league -- and set up two goals on his debut in the League Cup.

The American under-23 international is seen as one of the most talented members of Arsenal's youth academy, having joined the Gunners from Hertha Berlin two years ago."

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2781428/arsenal-youngster-gedion-zelalem-extends-rangers-loan-deal

Dont forget us rangers fans were used to watching Ian black, shiels, law, Hutton, Crawford, faure, for the past few years in the midfield, so we would have forgot what a good midfield player looked like lol....the only way we'll get to see young gedion again is when he'll be playing in the champions league with the gunners...

Dont forget us rangers fans were used to watching Ian black, shiels, law, Hutton, Crawford, faure, for the past few years in the midfield, so we would have forgot what a good midfield player looked like lol....the only way we'll get to see young gedion again is when he'll be playing in the champions league with the gunners...

I reckon he'll be farmed out to a championship team next season.

They probably got the fees from the same source as dB :)

I agree. I hope we are NOT paying 400k for guys we could secure for 60k at the end of the season. It is a risk regarding promotion, but a small risk IMHO - why ? Because I believe that both us AND Hibs will get promoted - I think both are better than most SPFL teams. But I understand we don't want the risk of play offs again, fair enough.

But I just don't think an extra 340k is justified - we have more than enough within the current squad to get automatic promotion.

Isn't it or wasn't it a twofur £400,000?

Edit: Better still if we get them for next to nothing in the summer.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I reckon he'll be farmed out to a championship team next season.

As previously mentioned my sources down south say that the Arsenal scouts are unimpressed with his attitude and performances for us and have advised Wenger to put him on the transfer list.

Long day but finally put pen to paper with @RangersFC and signed until 2020 .. Huge club with ambitions of European football . Can't wait ⚽️

Josh Windass on Twitter

what a difference a year makes..absolutely buzzing to sign for such a massive, ambitious club @RangersFC. ??????

Matt Crooks on Twitter

Edited by BEARGER

While not yet convinced by any of our centre backs, despite the attacking way we play we've conceded the same number of goals as Hibs and Falkirk while scoring more than an extra goal a game - which is between 67 and 72 percent more.

I think while it doesn't suggest they are top of the SP quality, it shows they are definitely enough quality for this season and probably good enough for most SP teams. Remember our style of play does not flatter our CBs unless they are of top class.

Hibs and Falkirk must be playing a far more defensively orthodox game and yet are conceding the same number of goals - although I recognise it could be argued that Falkirk have the best defence due to having played one more game.

While it's hard to argue that both rival teams have been a bit lucky, their goals for and against stats make their points totals look flattering - you'd really expect two goals a game to have that many points. I still think that our massively superior goal difference suggests we're better than the points suggest.

So while our CBs can look out of sorts, I think it's hard to compare them to other defenders who have far more protection in front of them and sit a lot deeper. However, I agree that I wouldn't be confident in their current ability against stronger sides than we're facing. They need to show improvement and like most others on here, I fancy a new signing in that area.

Interesting that in amongst those overall stats Falkirk have only conceded 3 goals in 10 home games compared with our 7, while playing mainly against teams who "park the bus" at Ibrox playing 4-4-1-1 or the like, albeit we have scored nearly twice as many goals.

Also when you look at our away goals against record: 8 conceded in 9 games is not dissimilar to Hibs 9 in 9, QoS are better with only 7 in 9 and even St Mirren are arguably better with 9 in 10. Where we prevail again is in goals scored where we are averaging almost 3 a game.

Falkirk play a very controlled type of football ably coached by Houston and marshalled on the pitch by Mark Kerr. If they can avoid injuries and suspensions I think they'll run Hibs very close for second.