Ex players seeking holiday pay

Bit confused by it all as I believed holiday pay was given when a sum was held from pay/salary and given when a person's holiday leave was taken.

If this was the case can understand the situation but if it wasn't why are they due holiday pay?

Bit confused by it all as I believed holiday pay was given when a sum was held from pay/salary and given when a person's holiday leave was taken.

If this was the case can understand the situation but if it wasn't why are they due holiday pay?

What they seem to be saying is they were due 35 days holiday per year. In the year up to the end of their contracts they had not received any holidays so feel they're due those days in pay.

What they seem to be saying is they were due 35 days holiday per year. In the year up to the end of their contracts they had not received any holidays so feel they're due those days in pay.

They were on a permanent holiday..

Did the players never get a break throughout the whole of their contracts? Were they never told to have a few days off during international breaks. I think they did. I can only imagine that the players claiming this were only on one year contracts and so therefore joined the club during pre-season training and left on the final game. Anyone on two year deals would have had about 2 months off between seasons and this would have covered any holiday entitlement.

I hope the club defend this action strongly. Not one of the players that left our club in summer 2015 deserve one penny more than they got. They must be named and shamed and questioned about their brass neck. They stole wages off our club for the last six months of their contracts.