Kenny Miller signs a one year extension

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/kenny-signs-new-deal/

RANGERS are today delighted to announce striker Kenny Miller has signed a one year extension to his current contract.

In what is now Miller’s third spell as a Gers player, he has proved to be an integral part of Mark Warburton’s squad this season both on the field and off it.

Scoring five goals in 13 appearances so far in this campaign, Miller has also taken on a coaching role with Rangers’ under-20s team, working under their manager Ian Durrant.

This remains a playing contract however given how impressed manager Mark Warburton has been with the Scotland national team ‘Roll of Honour’ member.

Over his spells with Rangers, Miller has made 201 appearances and has hit 81 goals in the process.

With Rangers hopeful of a return to the top flight next season, Miller will possibly have the chance to add to his excellent record against old foes Celtic, against whom he has scored seven goals in 13 games played.

Despite the importance of those goals however, arguably his greatest moment in Light Blue came in the 2010 League Cup Final against St Mirren.

With Rangers down to nine men with Danny Wilson and Kevin Thomson having been sent off, Miller incredibly nodded in a late winner to sensationally bring the trophy back to Ibrox.

Although he has been battling a slight injury in the last few weeks, Miller looks set to return to the Rangers squad for Saturday’s trip to Livingston.

Edited by Frankie

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/kenny-signs-new-deal/

RANGERS are today delighted to announce striker Kenny Miller has signed a one year extension to his current contract.

In what is now Miller’s third spell as a Gers player, he has proved to be an integral part of Mark Warburton’s squad this season both on the field and off it.

Scoring five goals in 13 appearances so far in this campaign, Miller has also taken on a coaching role with Rangers’ under-20s team, working under their manager Ian Durrant.

This remains a playing contract however given how impressed manager Mark Warburton has been with the Scotland national team ‘Roll of Honour’ member.

Over his spells with Rangers, Miller has made 201 appearances and has hit 81 goals in the process.

With Rangers hopeful of a return to the top flight next season, Miller will possibly have the chance to add to his excellent record against old foes Celtic, against whom he has scored seven goals in 13 games played.

Despite the importance of those goals however, arguably his greatest moment in Light Blue came in the 2010 League Cup Final against St Mirren.

With Rangers down to nine men with Danny Wilson and Kevin Thomson having been sent off, Miller incredibly nodded in a late winner to sensationally bring the trophy back to Ibrox.

Although he has been battling a slight injury in the last few weeks, Miller looks set to return to the Rangers squad for Saturday’s trip to Livingston.

[/quote

Good stuff Frankie I can see him in a coaching role along with durranty

We need to replace guys like Miller and Clark if we want to have any chance of winning the SPL next year.

However I'm happy for him to be a bit part player and thus still having his experience around the dressing room and with the coaching side.

He can probably still do a job at the level we're at, but you'd have to hope it's a bit part as a player in the SP. For the coaching aspect, he does seem to be one of those players whose football intelligence is greater than his physical ability, which along with very good fitness and work ethic, raised him up a level during his career. So maybe he's a good fit there.

I think when he left us the last time, he had one or two decent seasons left in him, but he came back after that expiration date, and he's been uninspiring, although still contributes a certain amount.

I agree that one thing that could really improve us is a prolific and clinical striker who is a couple of levels above the current ability of Miller and Clark, to play between / in front of Waghorn and McKay. We need someone to convert a higher percentage of our chances, especially when they are more limited in number against even just the better sides in Scotland. More-so, for European ambitions.

At the moment we seem to generally get away with the profligacy due to the sheer number of great chances, but that's in the second tier.

Thing is we'd have to discover such a player as all the ones out there are, by definition, out of our price range.

Not the greatest news IMO.

Miller is on the downward spiral and that isn't usually conducive to going up a tier, never mind his legs getting heavier.

Thats one of the attacking options now decided for what we hope is the top tier next season.

If we presume Waghorn stays then that leaves a decision to be taken on Clark.

I hope Frank McParland is putting together a list of decent and viable options.....but the wage Miller will continue to take will limit scope and for me I don't think Kenny will be value for money.

Edited by buster.

Although the article speaks highly of the lad, I'd imagine his playing role will gradually decrease over the course of his contract and this is merely to retain him as an option in emergencies. He may feature regularly enough this season but I'd be surprised if he makes the squad next term.

He's hardly going to be our main striker. With his work rate, experience and commitment, this is maybe not the daftest move. Maybe get him doing his coaching badges on the side?

MW likes a lightish squad so that means all have to be 'at the races' and ready to go.......I have my doubts Miller can operate in the top tier to the level we need on a regular basis (if required).

We haven't got the resources to be able to afford luxuries whom might just become a decent coach in time.