Kenny Miller signs a one year extension

I agree with most of that BH, apart from the bit where you believe Miller has positional sense. Laugh out loud moment for me there. Think back (or watch for yourself next time) to how many times he gets caught offside, or doesn't make a run into space when a ream-mate has the ball and is looking towards him. His positional sense is like the rest of his game, rubbish!

I agree that if the younger players cant get all they need from a gentleman and experienced pro like Davie Weir, then they are not asking the right questions. Miller's role, like McCulloch before him, is purely a waste of money and a shirt that could be used for developing a young prospect.

That's another one who hasn't got faith in the magic hat, brahim....

Miller does do a lot of work off the ball and also directs the traffic; I have often felt that he would do well as a deep lying centre forward. However, that is not his role in this team, where he is being played as one of a front three and we have others in CMF.

A striker needs three basic qualities IMO. Awareness/positional sense, tick that box. Speed X and sharpness X. Anyone can see that Miller has a football brain but sadly the speed and sharpness in front of goal are gone.

Can we really afford a wage for someone just to be a good influence in the dressing room, is that not Weir's job primarilly?

A deep lying centre forward ? Seriously BH ? His first touch is so poor that the opposing midfield would be onto it in a flash.

You mentions 3 basic qualities in a striker.... and not one of them is finishing...... are you sure you aren't on the wind-up ?

With all respect to Tannochsidebear the comment re Davy Weir is fine regarding his experience so would you say that should go for mentoring goalkeepers and midfielders Davy was a brilliant defender not an attacker or midfielder.I have now noted comments(positive) from Hardie and Oduwa on the advice fron Kenny so either playing on the pitch with him should benefit more.

We are short in experience in respect of senior players so retaining one who is undoubtedly a good player makes sense.

With all respect to Tannochsidebear the comment re Davy Weir is fine regarding his experience so would you say that should go for mentoring goalkeepers and midfielders Davy was a brilliant defender not an attacker or midfielder.I have now noted comments(positive) from Hardie and Oduwa on the advice fron Kenny so either playing on the pitch with him should benefit more.

We are short in experience in respect of senior players so retaining one who is undoubtedly a good player makes sense.

It's a fans forum and fans are entitled to their opinion on anything and everything,however at the end of the day we are only fans!,W&W are our management team and they are doing very well in such a short space of time,better than I expected when they joined!,they have put together an exciting new team and have restored our enthusiasm for football again. I'm surprised that some fans are questioning their decisions on players!,they didn't give Miller a new contract for nothing is the way I see it,and with all due respect I will bow to their knowledge before any fan on any forum!.

It's a fans forum and fans are entitled to their opinion on anything and everything,however at the end of the day we are only fans!,W&W are our management team and they are doing very well in such a short space of time,better than I expected when they joined!,they have put together an exciting new team and have restored our enthusiasm for football again. I'm surprised that some fans are questioning their decisions on players!,they didn't give Miller a new contract for nothing is the way I see it,and with all due respect I will bow to their knowledge before any fan on any forum!.

Correct ian, as you say its all about opinions, no falling out but we have fans who dont have faith in Warburton's decisions..

To blindly follow or lavish praise just because it is mostly going right would be wrong. My strong opinion is that Kenny Miller is a terrible football player that I think is holding the team back. Unlike the last three managers, I won't lose my job by being right on this. It is only my opinion and I have total respect for the opposite view that Miller is worthy of his new contract if some fellow Bears believe it to be the case. It's not my fault they are wrong!

Forums are exactly for this type of thing, and I enjoy the debate and friendly banter. Long may it continue.

To blindly follow or lavish praise just because it is mostly going right would be wrong. My strong opinion is that Kenny Miller is a terrible football player that I think is holding the team back. Unlike the last three managers, I won't lose my job by being right on this. It is only my opinion and I have total respect for the opposite view that Miller is worthy of his new contract if some fellow Bears believe it to be the case. It's not my fault they are wrong!

Forums are exactly for this type of thing, and I enjoy the debate and friendly banter. Long may it continue.

I think you are wrong with that statement!,you can't be a terrible football player when you have played at the highest level,but that it is your opinion!,however I think you will be in the minority when saying that.