Well there's some news on this one.

1. Some Man Utd fans were almost crushed to death at the beginning of the match in a near Hillsborough-like disaster.

2. Lille goal chopped off for offside caused the players to be incensed.

3. Man Utd's goal by Giggs occurred while the Lille players were still assembling the wall causing the players to walk off the pitch !!

Goal was chalked off for a shove on Vidic and seeing the close up I agree.

Also the goal was similar to the ones Henry scored with all teh controvesy a while back. Giggs asked if he could have it early and teh ref said yes and stepped away. That's the sign that the ball is live. Lille can feel hard done by perhaps but I think the goal shoudl stand. Surely the advantage should be to the attacking team?

Guest MichaelMols
Well there's some news on this one.

1. Some Man Utd fans were almost crushed to death at the beginning of the match in a near Hillsborough-like disaster.

2. Lille goal chopped off for offside caused the players to be incensed.

3. Man Utd's goal by Giggs occurred while the Lille players were still assembling the wall causing the players to walk off the pitch !!

Yep, kicked off a bit by all accounts with French pigs wading in with batons and teargas...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6380837.stm

Totally agree with the Lille goal being chopped off. The striker clearly shoves Vidic out the way.

As far as I'm aware the team with the free kick are entitled to take the kick early if they wish. Arsenal have done this on a few occassions and don't see a problem with it.

As for the Man Ure fans being squished, well that's a matter for the French FA and UEFA to take up. It didn't look to crammed to me though.

Lille were totally wrong to walk off the pitch after Man Ure went 1 up and hopefully they'll be disciplined but I doubt it since Platini is heed boy now.

I dont see a problem with a team taking there own free kick early. Defences should get ready asap rather than trying to steel a few yards in the wall and complaining.

As for the crush on a few fans, this is absolutely not acceptable in 2007. The French FA and Lille should be hammered for having steel fencing up there. This could have turned out tragic but luckily it was some poor old dear that just needed carried away.

The french police fired in tear gas thinking that would solve the problem - thats shocking!!

I agree that a team should be allowed to take the ball quick but the ref should give a signal that the ball is in play. He should blow his whistle when the team are allowed to take the kick, or give a hand signal

This is happening far to often in European games for this Bears liking. I knowe it gas happened to us, it was especially bad in Stutgart and Villarreal. UEFA really must sort this out before another disaster strikes the game.

Cammy F

This is happening far to often in European games for this Bears liking. I knowe it gas happened to us, it was especially bad in Stutgart and Villarreal. UEFA really must sort this out before another disaster strikes the game.

Cammy F

I can hold my hands up and admit I've been tear gassed !