Gersnet partners with 'We Welcome the Chase' Podcast - latest pod here

http://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/current-affairs/531-latest-we-welcome-the-chase-podcast-released

In recent years, football podcasts have become more and more popular. Like fan-created websites, the idea is often to be rough around the edges, but also interesting (and serious) enough to secure a regular audience to make the hard work worthwhile.

Fortunately, Rangers fans have various quality podcasts to rely on and Gersnet are delighted to now partner with the lads at Welcome the Chase where we contribute the questions and topics for their news section - including the occasional bonus content along the way. WWTC is an ideal fit for us as while it retains the fun element throughout, host Snagsy ensures some sensible discussion along the way. A balance that we feel our subscribers will also enjoy. If you're at a loose end, there's few better ways to spend 45mins every fortnight!

You can judge for yourself though now as their latest pod Forza Albertz has been published on Youtube and you can view this below. If you enjoy that then you can follow the regular contributors on Twitter via these user-names: @Snagsy1980, @thebazbowski, @tattoo_stew69, @Simmy41 and @paulatseas. Don't forget the Pod's account as well which is @wwtc_pod!

Great news - usually some good banter so recommend downloading!

Must admit, I don't always bother with podcasts but I was impressed with Snagsy's production of this one and the fact it can be shared on Youtube etc.

Won't be for everyone obviously but there's a good balance in this pod.

Too much swearing and bullshit that only the cast seems to know about. I don't mind listening to podcasts but too much crap on this one. One of the things i like about this site is the minimum use of swearing so I am not really sure this reflects our site to be honest. A Gersnet podcast would be a better idea for me but no idea of the costs involved.

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this isnt the correct/most recent thread.

Just started listening to this, think it's great ran through the episodes they have up on their youtube channel. Stew and Baz are both very funny and the way they have the show set up using the stats, running through each members opinions on the games and little stories from being at the game ect keeps it interesting and a very good listen

Have to disagree with @pete about the swearing but that could be because I swear far too much myself.

Sorry if this isnt the correct/most recent thread.

Just started listening to this, think it's great ran through the episodes they have up on their youtube channel. Stew and Baz are both very funny and the way they have the show set up using the stats, running through each members opinions on the games and little stories from being at the game ect keeps it interesting and a very good listen

Have to disagree with @pete about the swearing but that could be because I swear far too much myself.

I think people who move abroad become dinosaurs. We still think things are like when we left years ago. When I was back recently I could hear that swearing seems to have become the norm. I do swear sometimes but not for the sake of swearing. It is not for me but that is a personal choice.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the great feedback guys, unfortunately Baz comes with a parental guidance warning and other than adding "beeps" over the swearing there isn't much else we can do....mind you "We welcome the BEEP Podcast" has a nice ring to it :)

P.S. I'm Snagsy and thanks very much for listening/watching and thanks to Frankie for being a legend and giving us some excellent topics to discuss.

Thanks for the great feedback guys, unfortunately Baz comes with a parental guidance warning and other than adding "beeps" over the swearing there isn't much else we can do....mind you "We welcome the BEEP Podcast" has a nice ring to it :)

P.S. I'm Snagsy and thanks very much for listening/watching and thanks to Frankie for being a legend and giving us some excellent topics to discuss.

Personally I don't mind the swearing sometimes its necessary especially to set up the gags that you lot get away with. Not all the bears are sitting in the stands eating sweeties and passing round fluffy bunnies although my young brother often shouts round the Govan Front stand for folk to come give my auld uncle a cuddle cause he's cold all to the auld uncles great embarrassment I might add. Ha ha ha :D

The last show you did with 'Mike the stat' was excellent and he seems a good addition to the team. Keep up the good work guys.