Tarik Fagrach deal falls through

"Rangers have signed 17-year-old Dutch forward TARIK FAGRACH - formerly of Feyenoord. "

https://twitter.com/RangersCulture/status/669213542348910597/photo/1

http://www.feyenoordprimeur.nl/nieuws/619912/-weggestuurde-feyenoorder-kan-al-aan-de-slag-bij-nieuwe-club-.html

Google translate:

Tarik Fagrach has found a new club. The Feyenoord striker steered away started at Glasgow Rangers, says Rangers Culture on Twitter.

Last week it was announced that Fagrach had to leave the club. There were several clubs interested in the services of the 17-year-old attacker. For bad behavior he had to leave the youth of Rotterdam.

Fagrach this season, scoring nine goals. In total, he in 54 appearances for Feyenoord 39 times to find the net. The striker probably sign a contract for three years with the Scottish club.

Admin - perhaps put a "?" after the title as all report on it come from the one twitter announcement. Sorry, it was in a number of places but they all quote the same source. All agree he has left Feyenoord though - chucked out of the Academy for being a naughty boy.

Edited by SteveC

As far as I can see he was only in their under 18 second team(A2). That doesn't mean he is not good though. I remember another player being released by Feynoord for bad behaviour. One Mr Robin van Persie.

De 17-jarige Tarik Fagrach is door Feyenoord uit de opleiding gezet. De spits van de A2 zou vanwege zijn gedrag niet meer welkom zijn bij de club. Dat meldt Varkenoordwatch, dat nieuws over de Feyenoord Academy bijhoudt.

Fagrach zou ruzie hebben gehad met trainer Jan Gösgens. Het conflict zou draaien om een gebrek aan trainingsmotivatie en een slechte houding van de spits tegenover de begeleiders.

Vanuit diverse kanten zou er al belangstelling zijn voor de speler, die in 2013 overkwam van Excelsior. Hij scoorde dit seizoen al negen goals in de verschillende wedstrijden. In totaal maakte hij 39 doelpunten in 54 competitiewedstrijden.

This says he had a conflict with the trainer over his training motivation and general attitude and behaviour. Joined Feynoord from Excelsior(feeder club) in 2013 and scored 39 goals in 54 games. Barry Makay comes to mind.

Edited by pete

This says he had a conflict with the trainer over his training motivation and general attitude and behaviour. Joined Feynoord from Excelsior(feeder club) in 2013 and scored 39 goals in 54 games. Barry Makay comes to mind.

It's all double Dutch to me Pete...

It's all double Dutch to me Pete...

Was for me also 30 years ago.

I have been reading through a Feynoord forum and the general consensus is that he is an excellent talent but has always shown behavioural problems. This is not official but some say he thought he should have been in the A1 team and that is what the conflict was about. In Holland the age groups normally cover 2 years. Often when you just come up an age group you are put in A(BCD)2 as an A1, has players at least 2 years older. As far as I can see there is nothing official that he has signed for us. Of course we do have the van Bronkhurst link. Possibly a tip?

Is on this video at 7.30 in. Assists the first goal and scores the second. Gives an interview about 9 mins in.

Strong points. Physical presence and goal scoring ability.

Can better: The first meters.

Trainers opinion.

Can do a lot with the ball but is lazy in his movement. If he can add that to his game he will score many more goals.