Central Overload Outwits Buddies

Excellent post mate and very like the way I saw the game. I couldn't put in so many words so quickly though. I take my hat off to you for that.

Halliday was well worth his MOM award. Zelalem also played well but was very unlucky at times just to miss out. sometimes he was also in a great position but the player on the ball failed to see him. I didn't even realise that Wilson was playing until he was mentioned after about 20 minutes. That does not mean he played bad he just did his marking effectively. Even although he is an oldie I much prefer Miller in the team other than Oduwa. There is far more movement and the game is played at a quicker pace. The great thing with this manager is that you can actually see they have been trying things in training as it shows on the park. With Ally it looked the same dross week in week out.

Much appreciated.

Halliday was superb; well deserved his MOTM award. I think he played deeper, so he was able to collect the ball more; his distribution was good too, with direct, vertical passes starting play very well; he's not afraid to put a foot in too!

I thought Miller played well; Like I said though, he seems to get the ball into feet, so he has to stop, then play, rather than getting the ball on the run. Not sure if that's his control, or the pass he receives; bit of both, perhaps? He played in the half-space effectively, and linked up with Waghorn very well. He gives us a different option. He's getting on, but I still think he can contribute.

Shiels was a little more direct and willing to beat a man, but it was nothing we were't doing before IMO; he just happened to be playing when St Mirren were pushing forward, leaving lots of space. I think we'd been doing the same things throughout. He got us over the line though.

I believe the final is at Hampden.

The final is away in April. what an anti-climax

we play good football up to the edge of the box then we run out of ideas.

That's just not true and you know it,just look at our goals scored!,sometimes we have failed to break down a ten man defense!,remember our run to to Manchester!

Quote Originally Posted by colinstein View Post

we play good football up to the edge of the box then we run out of ideas.

That's just not true and you know it,just look at our goals scored!,sometimes we have failed to break down a ten man defense!,remember our run to to Manchester!

i have to agree with Ian any team would have difficulty in breaking down such defensive tactics. remember Barcelona calling us cowards for sitting in. Well we got a point and that's what counts. These small teams know it is the only way they have a chance.