Neil Doncaster has floated the idea of enlarging the top flight to 14 teams

Nonsense...three home games as against either Rangers/Celtic would be more than what you are trying to say.

Nonsense ? How many travelling fans do clubs get from any other team vs what they get from the OF ?

Killie have average attendances of 4k.... and the opposing team will bring less than 1k fans. How many OF fans go to Rugby Park ? I bet it is more than 3k (3 games @1k for non OF teams)

Nonsense ? How many travelling fans do clubs get from any other team vs what they get from the OF ?

Killie have average attendances of 4k.... and the opposing team will bring less than 1k fans. How many OF fans go to Rugby Park ? I bet it is more than 3k (3 games @1k for non OF teams)

On your figures 3k for OF... 1k x 3 for non OF makes it even...so nothing to see here. Except that the figures you quote could be misleading :)

On your figures 3k for OF... 1k x 3 for non OF makes it even...so nothing to see here. Except that the figures you quote could be misleading :)

You clearly aren't wearing your specs tonight..... I said I bet that the OF carry MORE than the other teams, not the same.

I don't think it is even debatable - the OF will bring more fans and more revenue in one game than these clubs will get from 3 games from non-OF teams.

And, BTW, I wasn't quoting any figures - my numbers were clearly my musings rather than quoted figures.

Edited by craig

These are your musings? You could be right but I'm not sure about that. 6 and half a dozen.

I'm comfortable enough in my belief that the OF would provide more bottom line revenue to clubs in one game than in 3 other games combined (other than a derby game).

There is also the costs to take into consideration which no-one knows nothing about...1 OF game to 3 non OF games...it's all about the money and what the home club actually takes home.

Being an accountant I know how it works and I know how expenses work.... 1 OF game would likely mean more stewards than for a non-OF game - but over the course of 3 games I would be pretty sure that there would be more than in that single game.

The expenses of 1 game would generally be expected to be less than in 3 games. Then factor in the OF teams bringing more fans and spending more money within the ground.

I'm pretty sure that the OF would generate more bottom line than 3 other lost games.

Either way though, you seem to be rather vague and obtuse in what you are debating here. It seems rather than debating you are simply disagreeing with me for the sake of it, with no suggestion of why.

Being an accountant I know ....

Either way though, you seem to be rather vague and obtuse in what you are debating here. It seems rather than debating you are simply disagreeing with me for the sake of it, with no suggestion of why.

I'm only putting what I think is true...not disagreeing with you in any way or as you put it "for the sake of it" "Vague" "Obtuse"

I believe that 1 OF match doesn't cost to the home club more than what 3 non OF games cost, you believe in something that differs, hats off to you. No need to be rattled though.

You clearly aren't wearing your specs tonight..... I said I bet that the OF carry MORE than the other teams, not the same.

I don't think it is even debatable - the OF will bring more fans and more revenue in one game than these clubs will get from 3 games from non-OF teams.

And, BTW, I wasn't quoting any figures - my numbers were clearly my musings rather than quoted figures.

Your probably right. But the freedom from fear of relegation may see them blood a Yongster they sell for millions.

It's an interesting debate. One things for sure Scottish football was stronger when it was a bigger league.

Whether that was the league or the age is debatable.

Fans overwhelmingly want a bigger league I believe. So maybe more go from the home side.

who knows. Lots to consider.