Neil Doncaster has floated the idea of enlarging the top flight to 14 teams

This has nothing to do about Rangers going up and everything to do to cover Dundee Hivs relegation. It stinks of SPFL board covering Thompson's arse.

No it isn't. We need to be in the top division for financial reasons alone. We are losing a lot of money not being there. Ask King, Murray or Gilligan

No it isn't. We need to be in the top division for financial reasons alone. We are losing a lot of money not being there. Ask King, Murray or Gilligan

This proposal is not about getting Rangers up, if so it would have been done last year. It's about keeping Dundee Hivs up.

When all these bastards pulled together to send us down to the bottom of Scottish football I don't give a flying fuck about any Scottish club or Scottish football,nothing this cabal do will ever surprise me and we have no choice in whatever they come up with.

Although I thought it would be against existing SPFL rules to implement a structure change so quick?,was it not the case that any league construction would take 2 seasons to happen?,''sporting integrity''.

Edited by ian1964

When all these bastards pulled together to send us down to the bottom of Scottish football I don't give a flying fuck about any Scottish club or Scottish football,nothing this cabal do will ever surprise me and we have no choice in whatever they come up with

It wasn't the SPL clubs who put us in the bottom division. It was the SFL clubs

I'm no fan of Doncaster but he's only doing his job. Scottish football needs a strong Rangers in its top division. These proposals would guarantee that.

We need to be there next season. I bet our board would support this & they'd be correct to do so

So you want this to happen?,what about sporting integrity?

And we had to apply to the SFL clubs who voted for us to go to the bottom tier

Rab, I don't care what banner they fly under,I don't care about any Scottish club or Scottish football, I only care about Rangers,simples!

I want Rangers back in the top division ASAP by whatever means. We're losing too much money not being there. Ask the board what they think.

As is your prerogative.

However, from my own perspective I would much rather we were promoted on sporting merits on the field of play. Not some half-arsed concocted idea which prevents one of the SPFL Board members' club from being relegated.

If we were to fail to get promoted on sporting merits and finished the season as the "14th" team and got promoted due to reconstruction..... our promotion on such grounds would be embarrassing. Not only that but we would become unintended beneficiaries - this suggestion has nothing to do with "innovation" as Doncaster tries to suggest, but is all about the protection of Dundee Utd. Anyone thinking otherwise is blinded IMHO.

If we fail to go up due to results then we simply don't deserve to be there.

Regardless, as gunslinger says, the integrity of the competition should always be paramount. Shoe-horning through a change in format which favors one team in particular lessens the credibility of the competition and those who are responsible for it.

I could support the format changes (despite the convoluted split of 6-4-4..... Uggghhhh) - but only if it came into effect for the 2017/18 season - it shouldn't be rushed through in what would look like a clear attempt to stave off the relegation of a member club.