Well we are in there and have a good chance of progessing, although no matter who we play it was always going to be difficult, never the less we are there and we should have a chance against Osasuna, but let's not kid ourselves they are Spanish and we are poor, well as poor as we have been for a few years, but we do have a chance of getting to the quarter finals and from there you just never know, dreaming, but because we are still in there then who knows how far we will go, so without getting too excited we at least have something to get upbeat about, considering we have played well in europe, couple that with hopefully finishing second, which i think we will, let's just hope that we are finally turning the corner and could finish the season reasonably content and build on that for next season..................ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE :thup:

Anyone got a list of the last 16 teams.?? I dont think there is that much great sides in there at all. Werder Breman might be favourties but they lost at Ajax 3-1 last night but went thru 4-3 on agg.

We should be able to match Osasuna, last nights result gives us confidence.

1 Barcelona

2 Sevilla

3 Valencia

4 Real Madrid

5 Atletico Madrid

6 Real Zaragoza

7 Recreativo Huelva

8 Getafe

9 Espanyol

10 Racing Santander

11 Osasuna

12 Deportivo La Coruna

13 Villarreal

14 Real Betis

15 Levante

16 Mallorca

17 Athletic Bilbao

18 Celta Vigo

19 Real Sociedad

20 Gimnastic

Looks to me like they are average away from home and at home. People will of course say that the Spanish league is tougher than our league. Either way I think it's going to be a lot harder than Tel Aviv !!

Braga v Tottenham

Celta Vigo v Werder Bremen

Lens v Bayer Leverkusen

Maccabi Haifa v Espanyol

Newcastle v AZ

PSG v Benfica

Rangers v Osasuna

Sevilla v Shakhtar Donetsk

I'd say Tottenham, Werder Bremen, Sevilla and Newcastle are probably the favourites

Braga v Tottenham

Lens v Bayer Leverkusen

Maccabi Haifa v Espanyol

Newcastle v AZ

PSG v Benfica

Rangers v Osasuna

I'd say Tottenham, Werder Bremen, Sevilla and Newcastle are probably the favourites

Newcastle are awful. If they get to the final I'll eat the pair of boxers that's been under my bed for the past 4 months. :thup:

Braga v Tottenham

Lens v Bayer Leverkusen

Maccabi Haifa v Espanyol

Newcastle v AZ

PSG v Benfica

Rangers v Osasuna

Id say Spurs, WB, BL, Espanyol, AZ, PSG, Rangers, Sevilla in the last 8 and we'll take a re-union with PLG in the quarters or Spurs.

AZ will beat Newcastle