Zelalem,do we really need him?

You think today is a harder game than what we will play this season?

Our goals came mostly from Hibs breaking from defence. Other teams will keep 8 or 9 players behind the ball. In that context games may be harder.

Our goals came mostly from Hibs breaking from defence. Other teams will keep 8 or 9 players behind the ball. In that context games may be harder.

I agree.

Personally I think Hibs will prove to be our easiest games this season because they believe they can beat us so are more open than other teams will be. This allows us to play the type of football we are effective with. Even the one game we lost against them we should have had at least a draw if not a win.

Other teams will just sit 10 behind the ball and tell us to break them down, which isn't easy despite what any of us may say !

And all the chances we had were due to Hibs breaking from defence?,I doubt there will be as much pressure on our team again this season that was on them today!

And all the chances we had were due to Hibs breaking from defence?,I doubt there will be as much pressure on our team again this season that was on them today!

I think there will Ian. Playing against Uibs doesn't concern me. It is those teams happy to sit in and park the bus that concern me more.

I don't agree with GS that he wasn't trusted today because it was a "hard game" - I just feel that MW was using a "horses for courses" philosophy and, to be fair to him, it worked. I'm not sure how a club can have a player that can be trusted in certain games and not others.... Makes little sense to me if you can't trust someone in certain games. Why have him ? I don't think it was a lack of trust. But GS and I will have to agree to disagree I guess.

I think there will Ian. Playing against Uibs doesn't concern me. It is those teams happy to sit in and park the bus that concern me more.

I don't agree with GS that he wasn't trusted today because it was a "hard game" - I just feel that MW was using a "horses for courses" philosophy and, to be fair to him, it worked. I'm not sure how a club can have a player that can be trusted in certain games and not others.... Makes little sense to me if you can't trust someone in certain games. Why have him ? I don't think it was a lack of trust. But GS and I will have to agree to disagree I guess.

I was meaning today would be the easier game than most this season,starting next week!,but the pressure on our players today was immense, I don't think we scored our goals only because Hibs were opening up!,did they open up?,we lost two goals through our own errors,but should have scored much more,and other than the two Hibs goals did our keeper have much to do?

Edited by ian1964

I was meaning today would be the easier game than most this season,starting next week!,but the pressure on our players today was immense, I don't think we scored our goals only because Hibs were opening up!,did they open up?,we lost two goals through our own errors,but should have scored much more,and other than the two Hibs goals did our keeper have much to do?

Don't disagree Ian.

We scored one goal when they opened up. They still were playing tight until we scored our 3rd goal. But we also should recognize that they are about the only team that will have a go at us in an open attack-minded way. Which makes them our easiest game IMHO, even though they are clearly the 2nd best team in the league.

Hibs st Johnston. Falkirk away. Our hardest games

On paper in terms of the players we face I would agree.

But I don't think they are our hardest games. It isn't just the players you face that makes a team difficult, it is also the manner in which your opponents play. Most of our opponents aside from Hibs, Falkirk and possibly QotS, will park the bus which has been our undoing this season. Pushing and pushing for a goal and getting caught out at the back.