Zelalem,do we really need him?

The really truthful answer to that would be------Yes(a few of them at least)

its also called the glass half empty mentality - and with good reason.

So when we lose leagues it is because we are shite. When we win leagues it is because we are shite. I wonder why some of our support even bother.

We have been off-form for a few weeks and then today we get a significant improvement in performance and, as expected, we get the "Hibs are shite, that is why we won today" brigade.

I just dont understand why we never give credit to our own team when they play well, score 4 goals, create a bunch of chances, and make their nearest challengers and current form team to look poor.

So when we lose leagues it is because we are shite. When we win leagues it is because we are shite. I wonder why some of our support even bother.

We have been off-form for a few weeks and then today we get a significant improvement in performance and, as expected, we get the "Hibs are shite, that is why we won today" brigade.

I just dont understand why we never give credit to our own team when they play well, score 4 goals, create a bunch of chances, and make their nearest challengers and current form team to look poor.

I don't get it either Craig. I guess some people are hard to please. We are not the Rangers of times gone by but we are working our way up and are beating the teams we have to beat. Messi and Ronaldo will never be in our price range.

"More goals", he hasn't scored ANY goals for us but has a reasonable 6 assists in 14 games. However only one of these is in the last 3 months.

He scored one goal last season in the UEFA Youth League and one at the start of this season v Fulham U21's.

The problem I have with him is that he is great at passing sideways but whenever he tries a through pass almost inevitably it goes straight to the opposition.

Arsenal are using us to teach a youth player the game and find out if he might be good enough for their first team, whereas we need players who can make a real contribution for us right now.

Law is a FAR superior player and both he and Shiels are a threat to score goals which Zelalem is not.

As opposed to Law's 2 assists in 11 games.

Or if you prefer Zelalem with an assist every 185 minutes and Law with one every 394 minutes. (this season)

To be honest I don't think either of them are the solution, we certainly need players of better quality than Law who'll soon return to his comfort zone of chickening out of challenges and playing hide and seek.

If Halliday is suspended then Zelalem could very well be his replacement. Only other option is likely to be Shiels but he isn't defensive minded enough for that role I don't think. Other option could be Ball I guess.... But I'd like to see him playing at the back in place of Wilson.

This is hilarious. Zalalem can't tackle and won't challenge for a header out of fear.

Heaven help us.

I said Hibs were shite because they were ehh-----------Shite,i do apologise,perhaps you thought they were good?

I don't think Zelalem should be an automatic starter because I'd like to see more of our own player Jordan Thompson. I do think Zelalem is a handy player to have around though. At the very least I'd have thought it must be nice to have technically skillful players in training in the hope that some of their abilities will start to rub off on others or inspire others to practice harder and try to improve themselves. Then again, I have my doubts about whether anyone can improve the first touch of Kenny Miller.

Oduwa I'm not keen on. I'll be very surprised if he makes it at Spurs or any other big EPL club.

I think the key word is development, we are seeing talented but very raw youths being honed by MW this will take time.

Its no surprise to see both dropped for the hibs game as a result and performance were absolutely NEEDED after recent weeks.

There is no doubt in my mind though both will contribute in the weeks ahead.

Still need a hard bastard in the middle of the park though to sort out the fyvies of this world properly.

I said Hibs were shite because they were ehh-----------Shite,i do apologise,perhaps you thought they were good?

You may be right. But the question you aren't asking OR answering is WHY were they shite ? Jut because they are shite all the time ? Given they have just had an 18 game unbeaten run which included disposing of w SPL teams including the team currently sitting 2nd it would suggest that they aren't actually shite.

So..... why were they shite ? Could it be because we actually MADE them look shite because we played well, controlled possession, played with high intensity and tempo, played high pressure and simply overran them ?

You go with the former if you like bud, but I will go with the more likely scenario of it being the latter.