Oduwa loan deal ends

You're a lazy SOB dB, take 10 secs to look that up :D

In don't think it matters what size you are a kick is a kick and hurts just as much.

dB might have meant Morton...... although given dB said "season on loan" I suspect you are right, given he was only at Morton for half the season

In one of our CL campaigns (I think it was 2009/10 but will stand to be correct on the season) Naismith was the most fouled player of any team in the group stages, it never affected his confidence; it just depends on your make up and confidence in your own ability.

I seem to recall Naismith taking a while to regain his confidence being the end of a career threatening injury.

I seem to recall Naismith taking a while to regain his confidence being the end of a career threatening injury.

With respect, that's a different situation, BD.

Mark Hately told me that it took him nearly a season with Rangers to regain his confidence when coming back from injury, it's a psychological fear of re-doing the same injury and being out for longer.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

With respect, that's a different situation, BD.

Mark Hately told me that it took him nearly a season with Rangers to regain his confidence when coming back from injury, it's a psychological fear of re-doing the same injury and being out for longer.

And there's a big difference between the assault on Oduwa and the trivial fouls on Naismith during the CL.

according to daily mail............

Tottenham youngster Nathan Oduwa has had his season-long loan terminated by Rangers and has moved back to White Hart Lane, according to Sportsmail's Brian Marjoribanks.

The 19-year-old winger had arrived in Scotland with the ambition of becoming a regular fixture in Mark Warburton's team.

Warburton, though, didn't feel as though Oduwa had done enough and wanted to offload him so he could bring in St Johnstone's Michael O'Halloran.

'My time at Rangers has come to an end,' Oduwa posted on Twitter on Sunday night. 'But I'd like to thank everyone associated with Rangers for making me feel at home both on and off the field.

'I want to wish the players good luck for the rest of the season and hope they get Rangers back to the Scottish Premiership.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3404407/Transfer-news-LIVE-Manchester-United-Liverpool-Arsenal-deals-plus-Premier-League-rest-Europe.html#ixzz3xcyq5Vz5

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

every league in the world has tackles as bad as the one on oduwa. If you think a professional football team or a player left because he was badly fouled your off your nut!

[video=youtube_share;veMA7hQzER0]

Who said he left because he was fouled?

according to daily mail............

Tottenham youngster Nathan Oduwa has had his season-long loan terminated by Rangers and has moved back to White Hart Lane, according to Sportsmail's Brian Marjoribanks.

The 19-year-old winger had arrived in Scotland with the ambition of becoming a regular fixture in Mark Warburton's team.

Warburton, though, didn't feel as though Oduwa had done enough and wanted to offload him so he could bring in St Johnstone's Michael O'Halloran.

'My time at Rangers has come to an end,' Oduwa posted on Twitter on Sunday night. 'But I'd like to thank everyone associated with Rangers for making me feel at home both on and off the field.

'I want to wish the players good luck for the rest of the season and hope they get Rangers back to the Scottish Premiership.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3404407/Transfer-news-LIVE-Manchester-United-Liverpool-Arsenal-deals-plus-Premier-League-rest-Europe.html#ixzz3xcyq5Vz5

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

None of which is quoted. Though the sensible money would indeed be on the above. I think it is clear that Oduwa hasn't given what we would have wanted from him, or indeed even expected. But I also don't think there can be any doubt that the lad suffered from some shabby reporting and, even worse, shabby treatment from his fellow players (after the rainbow flick) which also subsequently resulted in what can only be described as assault from Livingston players at Ibrox (who were then defended by their manager because "he might one day play for Scotland, but Oduwa is English" - an appalling statement in any sane person's mind).

Oduwa not only didn't get protected post-rainbow flick but the officials effectively turned a blind eye to the hammer throwers who couldn't care less if they ended the lad's career or not.

I doubt he will be subjected to such assaults even in the lower tiers in England... but if he is, you certainly would expect there to be a higher probability of his opponent being sent off than he saw in Scotland.

It didn't work out for the lad for a number of reasons, including that he probably just doesn't cut the Scottish game - but I don't think that the assaults and career threatening tackles he was subjected to helped either.

Those assaults, the poor reporting, the disgraceful negative comments from his peers, the appalling commentary from Livingston's manager and the assaults all contributed, as did his lack of suitably impressing the manager.

Edited by craig