Provo criticises Rangers.

Steady. The shocking inability of the 3 Amigos is beyond contention & Aird & Clark are another 2 of their victims. Warburton may have turned them round but for the resurgence of McKay & the introduction of Waghorn. We do know why McKay has improved. His talent has been recognised, he is being properly coached & the Manager is not a fat useless tosser. Boo hiss blah :-)

Yeah, it's a very neat and tidy meme - if they do badly they've been ruined by you know who, if they do well it's because they are now being properly coached. Trouble is that it needs to stay in the McCoist only bubble otherwise, it can be applied to every manager and coach.

As said, there are players who haven't improved under Warburton, and there are players who have been sent on loan - and they may return better, what would that mean? But you really do enjoy your panto villains. :)

Yeah, it's a very neat and tidy meme - if they do badly they've been ruined by you know who, if they do well it's because they are now being properly coached. Trouble is that it needs to stay in the McCoist only bubble otherwise, it can be applied to every manager and coach.

As said, there are players who haven't improved under Warburton, and there are players who have been sent on loan - and they may return better, what would that mean? But you really do enjoy your panto villains. :)

I'm obviously a newbie & I am trying to stay off the McCoist thing as I'm sure it has been discussed to death. Make no mistake however, he IS the worst manager in our history, if not THE worst football manager in history. He humiliated us in every competition we entered with the exception of Div 2 league (Super Ally yeah) & imo the Malmo result was the beginning of our downfall. Things got worse from there on & off the park & he squandered millions in transfers, players wages & talent, not to mention the millions he received in wages & shares. Do everyone a favour & don't try to defend him. Boo hiss rotten eggs tomatoes :-)

I'm obviously a newbie & I am trying to stay off the McCoist thing as I'm sure it has been discussed to death. Make no mistake however, he IS the worst manager in our history, if not THE worst football manager in history. He humiliated us in every competition we entered with the exception of Div 2 league (Super Ally yeah) & imo the Malmo result was the beginning of our downfall. Things got worse from there on & off the park & he squandered millions in transfers, players wages & talent, not to mention the millions he received in wages & shares. Do everyone a favour & don't try to defend him. Boo hiss rotten eggs tomatoes :-)

Where are you getting he's the worst manager in our history? Weren't you born in the le guen era? You say he hummilated us in every competition, didnt the players not have a hand in that? As a manager he will always have going through the league undefeated on his CV but as you say its been discussed to death on here but weve moved on now...

Where are you getting he's the worst manager in our history? Weren't you born in the le guen era? You say he hummilated us in every competition, didnt the players not have a hand in that? As a manager he will always have going through the league undefeated on his CV but as you say its been discussed to death on here but weve moved on now...

PLG was a fud & I was quickly on to him early doors. Barry Ferguson & Boyd had a lot to do with the teams failures as they were corrosive influences in the dressing room & were undermining him, but a fud he was. However in comparison to McCoist he is Alex Ferguson on steroids. Any boasting McCoist or his worshippers could make, would remind me of the fanny I used to go to school with who thought he was one of the best fighters in the school because he could batter most of the lassies. Move on, quickly.

Agree about Le Guen a totally useless and inept manager for us problem with Ally was his personality he let that overtake any managerial/coaching capabilities,if any,he might have had in wanting to stay everbody's pal.

Le Guen made one mistake. Letting the back stabbing Mr Ferguson into the team. We were playing some neat football up to then. Le Guen was never given the chance to be a good manager.

Le Guen made one mistake. Letting the back stabbing Mr Ferguson into the team. We were playing some neat football up to then. Le Guen was never given the chance to be a good manager.

Agree, was not a coincidence Adam flourished at that time. The same pattern football wise was repeated under WS when the football we were playing was tremendous, until KT got injured & Ferguson came into the team & we spluttered from there on in a football sense. Mendes got pissed off by a wee nyaff who couldn't lace his boots trying to control things.

PLG went on to confirm he was a total fud elsewhere but at least he should have been given the chance to chop Ferguson to see what happened

Edited by The Stroller

I'm obviously a newbie & I am trying to stay off the McCoist thing as I'm sure it has been discussed to death. Make no mistake however, he IS the worst manager in our history, if not THE worst football manager in history.

You were going on about people have panto villains... Very amusing.

You obviously have an extreme and narrow view on McCoist and so like many, you problably mistake someone a bit more moderate for having the completel opposite view. THerefore anyone who disagrees with you is "defending" him, when they are merely trying to get the debate out of the hatefest.

In this topic, you are taking a guy that Ally played very regularly as a 17 year old in the 4th tier, where he did not bad, and then sent him out on loan for two seasons. He comes back, aged 20, more mature, and shows he's become a decent player and THAT'S your cue to have a go at Ally's inabilities? Incredible, where is the sense in that?

In your mind, Ally ruined him and Warburton came along and within a few weeks made this apparent broken figure into a very good player? Really makes sense, right?

But as I keep saying, when you apply the made up judgements on Ally, ALL managers start to look really shit - and the margins between the worse manager and a good one seem to be incredibly small. Warburton was "incapable" of improving Oduwa, so now our manager is useless? Hmm. It's also completely ignoring reality with regards to Lewis McLeod.

Warburton ticks a lot of the "Ally is shit" boxes, and without the crap from the previous board and the unhappiness of the fans. Losing agianst teams with a fraction of the resources - tick, losing a large lead - tick, not playing many academy players -tick, playing players out of position - tick, criticism for boring and frustrating style - tick, missing out on signing targets - tick, pumped out of the cup by mediocre SP teams - tick.

The thing is Warburton is far better manager, but when you compare almost all the metrics to Ally, then he's only doing marginally better. What you're saying is that he's marginally better than the worst manager in the world.

Edited by calscot

He humiliated us in every competition we entered with the exception of Div 2 league (Super Ally yeah) & imo the Malmo result was the beginning of our downfall. Things got worse from there on & off the park & he squandered millions in transfers, players wages & talent, not to mention the millions he received in wages & shares. Do everyone a favour & don't try to defend him. Boo hiss rotten eggs tomatoes :-)

Squandered millions in tranfers? Eh?

I'm agianst him for the amount of money he took in wages - regards the shares, I won't pass judgement unless he sells them.

Defend him? How about just defending common sense? Or defending a forum against tedious and eroneous finger pointing?

You've obviously been surround by those that think similarly and so like to have fun getting stuck in, but there's a lot more debate on here.