Provo criticises Rangers.

RE booing it doesn't sit right with me however how does a paying fan express their frustrations? I used to have a lot of guys booing Craig Moore behind me but that was Walter Smiths fault for playing him midfield in his first spell rather than his true position of centre half - which he went on to become a fine one.

Guys, I'm starting my journey to a holiday in Goa in around 5 hours. I'm not dodging debate. Will get back to you around 7 Feb.

Enjoy your holiday Boaby & probably just as well as I was going to be forced to school you with some facts.

Tip; do not boo at the waiters in India if they are not performing to your satisfaction, as they take it personally & you may find your food and or drink will be contaminated on arrival :-)

RE booing it doesn't sit right with me however how does a paying fan express their frustrations? I used to have a lot of guys booing Craig Moore behind me but that was Walter Smiths fault for playing him midfield in his first spell rather than his true position of centre half - which he went on to become a fine one.

Overall people have the right to express their frustrations & feel they are at the panto if they like. let's face it what's the point of a Panto without a villain? You pay your money. What pisses me off is the selected victim most often is actually a very good player but happens to be young & probably didn't cost very much if anything at all. Once the fans are on his back it becomes endemic. I have noticed it starting with McKay & I'm not having it. He is a quality player & the fact that McCoist Durrant & McDowell couldn't get a tune out him is a reflection on their woeful shortcomings to say the least.

Ferguson was ten times the player Adam was. For Rangers most certainly. Fergusons career was winding down when he went on loan, hardly a fair comparison.

Ok then how's this for a comparison When Adam went to Blackpool, he instantly became a club legend & amongst many other highlights, scored perhaps the best free kick seen at Wembley in the richest game in world football. At Blackburn Rovers to this day; Barry who?

Adam is a better player than Ferguson. Ferguson was a better player for Rangers, but that's not Adam's fault: he was played in the wrong position and wasn't nurtured. Adam was forced into a 4-4-2 where he can't play, as he doesn't have the energy to play CM or LM. He needs to play in a 4-3-3, where he is supported and can dictate play, pinging passes here and everywhere (usually pin-point). As soon as Le Guen came in -- a continental manager with an eye for the technical -- he was given more game-time. (Although, he was still utilised LM, which was still not appropriate for him.) Ian Holloway almost created a new role for him to use his talent: ostensibly playing No.10, but he would often just drop deep behind the two holding players, dictating play and starting attacks from deep.

I think it's the same with most young players in Scotland: they're shoehorned into a certain position, often an out-of-date role, which doesn't suit them. Add that to the technical deficiency, then it's no wonder we (Scotland) struggle.

Edited by Rousseau

Overall people have the right to express their frustrations & feel they are at the panto if they like. let's face it what's the point of a Panto without a villain? You pay your money. What pisses me off is the selected victim most often is actually a very good player but happens to be young & probably didn't cost very much if anything at all. Once the fans are on his back it becomes endemic. I have noticed it starting with McKay & I'm not having it. He is a quality player & the fact that McCoist Durrant & McDowell couldn't get a tune out him is a reflection on their woeful shortcomings to say the least.

While agreeing about McCoist the fact is that Rangers just failed in the whole youth set-up over the last years. I do also however think that some of the blame can also be put at his own door as he never really set the grass alight at Morton or Raith Rovers. As we all know older teenagers who think they are adults can be very headstrong and stubborn. I don't know if this was the case but it looks like it from the outside. Warburton admits telling all the players he gave them a blank canvas and Barrie certainly seems to have come of age.

While agreeing about McCoist the fact is that Rangers just failed in the whole youth set-up over the last years. I do also however think that some of the blame can also be put at his own door as he never really set the grass alight at Morton or Raith Rovers. As we all know older teenagers who think they are adults can be very headstrong and stubborn. I don't know if this was the case but it looks like it from the outside. Warburton admits telling all the players he gave them a blank canvas and Barrie certainly seems to have come of age.

Just read the excellent article about him not giving up. The answer to the loan moved is in there. Discouraged at not being wanted or rated by the worst management team ever seen in football. McKay was not their only victim but thankfully Warburton has managed to pull him out the fire. The goal he scored the other week when he picked the ball up near the half way line would make it into Cooper's top ten

What did he get transferred from Rangers for ? I couldn't give a monkeys what Blackpool sold him for.

Sold to Blackpool for 500k I seem to recall, but I have a vague recollection we had a sell on clause in there too, it looked quite promising at one point as rumour of a 10m+ bid from Liverpool was doing the rounds!

Ha ha, the irony is positively dripping. You're also at the panto and have just chosen different villains.

Who knows why McKay has improved - perhaps it's going out on loan for experience, as many young players do. But we really don't know, so why choose a scape goat or three?

BTW Has Warburton got shortcomings as he couldn't get a tune out of Oduwa and other players like Clark or Aird?

Steady. The shocking inability of the 3 Amigos is beyond contention & Aird & Clark are another 2 of their victims. Warburton may have turned them round but for the resurgence of McKay & the introduction of Waghorn. We do know why McKay has improved. His talent has been recognised, he is being properly coached & the Manager is not a fat useless tosser. Boo hiss blah :-)