Mike Ashley fails to stop Rangers attempts to block his voting rights

The Club's attempt to remove Ashley's voting rights is done to protect the Club from even being seen to being controlled by Ashley. If his voting rights are removed there can be little cause for SFA complaint about him controlling two different clubs.

It is a belt and suspenders approach. One which I see no issue in the Club attempting, even though I don't think that they would win that particular battle.

The real debate right now is because Rab, as a seasoned King detractor, is using this instance to yet again have a not so subtle dig at King.

FFS. Why are you so pro-Ashley? Surely doing anything to limit his influence is good?

Also not sure why you need it so exact. The club were fined for bad faith. which could happen again if Ashley is allowed to vote at an AGM. What has happened in the past isn't that relevant, but who's to say what happens in the future if Ashley increases his shareholding, something the club are powerless to prevent. However they can stop him and those who he influences form voting.

And yes, Ashley voted for the appointment of Llambias at an AGM.

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see BD.

Rab's MO is abundantly clear.

minimizing ashleys involvement gets my whole backing and the removal of any voting rights with his shares will hopefully see him sell his shares and fuck off.

Rab is correct in a fashion, we cannot be fined for ashley having voting rights as he was granted permission to him them along with any rights by the sfa up to 10% if he wants more he has to tell the sfa first. The fine was for not declaring his control at management level

FFS. Why are you so pro-Ashley? Surely doing anything to limit his influence is good?

Also not sure why you need it so exact. The club were fined for bad faith. which could happen again if Ashley is allowed to vote at an AGM. What has happened in the past isn't that relevant, but who's to say what happens in the future if Ashley increases his shareholding, something the club are powerless to prevent. However they can stop him and those who he influences form voting.

And yes, Ashley voted for the appointment of Llambias at an AGM.

I'm not pro-Ashley or anti-King. Siding with regan's SFA is foolhardy and unwise and will end badly. You only need to see who is running the SFA to see why

minimizing ashleys involvement gets my whole backing and the removal of any voting rights with his shares will hopefully see him sell his shares and fuck off.

Rab is correct in a fashion, we cannot be fined for ashley having voting rights as he was granted permission to him them along with any rights by the sfa up to 10% if he wants more he has to tell the sfa first. The fine was for not declaring his control at management level

Does anyone seriously believe someone would have 10 percent shareholding in a company but wave voting rights?

ashley was fined £7500 later dropped to £1000 which he is still contesting at court as far as i am aware. The club was fined £5k for 3 breaches of rules one of which was bringing the game into disrepute or something along the lines of not in the best interest of football if my memory serves.

The fines have nothing to do with shares they were for control of management or administration at two clubs without prior written consent. You can have control of two clubs you just need to have permission from the sfa first.

you can't have control of 2 clubs

I'm not pro-Ashley or anti-King. Siding with regan's SFA is foolhardy and unwise and will end badly. You only need to see who is running the SFA to see why

that sounds like another place where blatant Ashley supporters argue black is white and that they are only scrutinising the board. They are anti anyone who was against greenco including fans groups fighting for fan ownership and denigration of King from these people can be seen as just another attack on Ashley's rape of the club.

I'm relatively new to the party that Gersnet is so I wouldn't presume you are one of these people.....nor Brahim Hemdani either

It's you who seems to not want the club to take steps to prevent the SFA fining us again.