Sons of Struth publishes Irvine email

He has represented the club well on TV on more than one occasion. I have had a few dealings with him (only once face to face and only one - albeit very lengthy and insightful - phone call) and in every case/on every occasion all he was interested in was helping Rangers. His commitment to that put mine to shame, that's for sure. He always wants the best for RFC. Like Oleg my politics are different and once when he asked me to write for the fanzine I mentioned I would not fit in politically. He laughed his head off and said something like: "we have a Marxist, a Scottish nationalist and me. There will be no problem, all that matters is you support Rangers" . Sadly, I only did one thing before life and work intervened. I did not find the time. I say that shamefacedly given all the time he always find for RFC.

Edited by SteveC

It's you who can't handle the debate. Go away or you'll get barred LOL

Without his bank records there is no absolute proof but I know what I know.

Ps The reason you have not been invited to the Directors box is because you are not a Director. Maybe if you rabble roused a bit more you will get an invite like your mate MD has

That's almost as ironic as Irvine allegedly calling McColl out as "disingenuous and oily".

He has also shit stirred for 10 years + & spread lies about Murray for most of them. I was at a shareholders meeting where he pretty much said the car park & pools office didn't belong to the club any more.

All this because I called him a lizard FFS

You seem to imply that Murray was beyond reproach.

I'll get slaughtered for saying this but I wouldn't 100 percent disagree with that assertion of McColl in that email. It was unbelievable how much of our supporters were expecting him to be our saviour four years ago.

It is easy to forget that in 2010 McColl was going to underwrite the RST Rangers Share Capital Acquisition Partnership Proposal to the tune of £30 million provided only that his anonymity was maintained; so it is not unduly surprising that fans looked to him in time of crisis two years later.

That said it was never going to be the case that he would invest a significant amount of his own money in Rangers, so the expectation was always doomed to failure.

It is easy to forget that in 2010 McColl was going to underwrite the RST Rangers Share Capital Acquisition Partnership Proposal to the tune of £30 million provided only that his anonymity was maintained; so it is not unduly surprising that fans looked to him in time of crisis two years later.

That said it was never going to be the case that he would invest a significant amount of his own money in Rangers, so the expectation was always doomed to failure.

Given how he operates and his focus on specific goals he was never going to come in and throw lots of money at us that he'd never see again. As far as 2013 was concerned McColl made very clear from the outset (when letter of requisition went in) what he would and wouldn't do.

I think he'd need to see a business that wasn't losing money hand over fist and probably that operated somewhere other than Scotland (or had good chance to move) before he (and his partners) would consider investment.

What we have at the moment is a board looking to gradually convert the football operation into one that is sustainable but with one+ arms tied behind their back. At the sametime, the likes of Rab is crying out for the club to spend money we don't currently have but then wondering why X or Y didn't fancy investing in us.