Celtic chief Peter Lawwell flys to Geneva to lead Scottish football's fight...

You can rant at Lawwell all you like but we should be very worried about all this.Can you imagine only having crap Scottish clubs to play?

We'd still be allowed into the EL ?

My concern is Liewell. I wouldn't put it past him to try & negotiate for the yahoos to still be able to get into the CL but not for us. Believe me he is not to be trusted.

I genuinely hope alarm bells were ringing in the Rangers boardroom when Liewell went to Geneva.

As I said in an earlier post - was it Parkhead Peter or SFA Peter who went?

Edited by RANGERRAB

You can rant at Lawwell all you like but we should be very worried about all this.Can you imagine only having crap Scottish clubs to play?

We should be very worried whenever Lieswell is involved in any negotiations!

My concern is Liewell. I wouldn't put it past him to try & negotiate for the yahoos to still be able to get into the CL but not for us. Believe me he is not to be trusted.

I genuinely hope alarm bells were ringing in the Rangers boardroom when Liewell went to Geneva.

The Europa League should not be the height of our ambitions. We are a bigger club than Leicester city but because they come from a money spinning league they could be competing at a much higher level than us. Time for us to get behind the Atlantic League and ally ourselves with PSV Porto, clubs like that. Scotland is a backwater now.

On what grounds could he push for his club entry at the expense of the likes of Benfica, Porto, Ajax, PSV, Liverpool, Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, Steaua Bucurest and Red Star?

If they want the CL to be exclusive to winners only then he'd have a chance...but the likes of Arsenal, Man City, and Roma would kick his ass.

On what grounds could he push for his club entry at the expense of the likes of Benfica, Porto, Ajax, PSV, Liverpool, Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, Steaua Bucurest and Red Star?

If they want the CL to be exclusive to winners only then he'd have a chance...but the likes of Arsenal, Man City, and Roma would kick his ass.

Couldn't agree more but we need to be careful here. There is no way Liewell is out there trying to negotiate on behalf of Scottish Football. Our board need to be focused here and keep a watchful eye on this. Liewell is not to be trusted.

Couldn't agree more but we need to be careful here. There is no way Liewell is out there trying to negotiate on behalf of Scottish Football. Our board need to be focused here and keep a watchful eye on this. Liewell is not to be trusted.

I thought Stewart Robertson and his Aberdeen counterpart had gone along with Liewell to "assist" him.

Did they? First I knew about thiis

Here is the article and the relevant para. However, I thought I had read another story that said Robertson and his Aberdeen counterpart had actually flown over there to assist, but I can't find it.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/keith-jackson-neil-doncaster-peter-7371089#YBKspjp148gdWsai.97

... No wonder then that the likes of Rangers and Aberdeen are backing him in this battle because if the door to the Champions League is slammed in Scotland’s face for good then the ramifications will be widespread and hugely damaging. ...

Here is the article and the relevant para. However, I thought I had read another story that said Robertson and his Aberdeen counterpart had actually flown over there to assist, but I can't find it.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/keith-jackson-neil-doncaster-peter-7371089#YBKspjp148gdWsai.97

... No wonder then that the likes of Rangers and Aberdeen are backing him in this battle because if the door to the Champions League is slammed in Scotland’s face for good then the ramifications will be widespread and hugely damaging. ...

As I said in an earlier post it was always inevitable the big clubs in the top leagues were going to want the CL money to themselves eventually.

Scottish clubs haven't done well enough in europe though have they? Most are out by the times the schools go back in august !

and putting your biggest & most succesful club in the bottom domestic league was hardly beneficial was it?

And when did Abahdeen last play in the CL? What were they doing there?

Edited by RANGERRAB