Harry Forrester - A Bolt out of the Blue

Harry Harry Forrester.

We all demanded players in before Xmas, this guy has indeed been a bolt out of the blue.

What a signing by our recruitment team eh? Things just get better and better when you don't really expect it if we are truly honest with ourselves.

In King and MW their policy I trust.

We have Tav Holt Halliday Waggy and Keirnan already heightening our beliefs and targets but the surprises just keep coming especially when you look a the new players who have joined up...O'Hallaron and King are another two, but Forrester is the big plus for me.

I am delighted with Forrester who seems to have increased his sharpness and fitness in the short time he has been with us and will continue to do so. Michael O'halloran looks a fantastic prospect. Pity he can't play in the cup.

It was pretty obvious from his first couple of games that the lad was well short of fitness - particularly match sharpness - and whilst one or two fans were keen to write him off, Forrester has shown he does have a decent level of quality worth exploring over this short term contract. He's still not quite fit enough but I'd fancy both he and our management team will want to extend his contract for perhaps another year or two as he's certainly another useful creative option.

It's worth pointing out that if we can continue to make the most of this second hand market - i.e. find affordable players with erstwhile good reputations who've perhaps lost their way - it could save us a fortune on transfer fees and, of course, make us money too when it comes to players moving on.

What's interesting about this is one of my very good mates works at Doncaster rovers in the youth department and he sent a damning report on forrester, atitude etc... he said "wait till he gets kicked, he'll get found out soon enough"..... I'm yet to see any evidence of this! i've been really impressed with the lad, he's clearly got ability. I think W&W are his ideal mentor team

What's interesting about this is one of my very good mates works at Doncaster rovers in the youth department and he sent a damning report on forrester, atitude etc... he said "wait till he gets kicked, he'll get found out soon enough"..... I'm yet to see any evidence of this! i've been really impressed with the lad, he's clearly got ability. I think W&W are his ideal mentor team

In many ways, Harry has perhaps had the benefit of the Oduwa effect in that opposition players/managers aren't really aware of his threat.

However, his last three games will have shown everyone what he's capable of so other teams will react accordingly. That's when we'll see how the lad copes with extra markers, tougher tackling etc.

It's amazing what confidence and increased morale can do for a player though.

In many ways, Harry has perhaps had the benefit of the Oduwa effect in that opposition players/managers aren't really aware of his threat.

However, his last three games will have shown everyone what he's capable of so other teams will react accordingly. That's when we'll see how the lad copes with extra markers, tougher tackling etc.

"It's amazing what confidence and increased morale can do for a player though.

"

Also a 6 month contract.

Obviously getting another contract is something to play for unlike loan players who don't have to prove anything as they have their parent club to go back to.Glad Ball does not think like that his displays have been superb the only loan player who has been worth having,although King is now doing well.