Old Firm Game: The smell of fear

I live some 4 miles from the breeze block arena and depending on which way the wind blows there is a waft of sh*te from that place.

Curiously I've noticed even on a calm day the stench has got more noticeable since the draw for the Scottish Cup semi-final was made.

:yesrfc:

Edited by Bearman

Hence the reason why they are wheeling out all their ex players to 'big up' the current squad. Its to calm their fans down to a frenzy at the thought of us beating them. It would take them a long time to get over this if we can do the "unthinkable".

I think you can get odds of 4/1 for us at the bookies which is mega!! I'm putting £20 on it today. My mum lives in Carntyne, poor woman is a pensioner, cant open her windows on a hot day (that once or twice a year:lol:) for the smell of shite wafting from there farmyard!! They will project all the mhank propaganda they can at the moment as they are bricking it, i really think our front line, maybe even with waggy back??? will cause them big problems and we will score more than one, i actually predict i high scoring game, and it could be a belter. 4-2 Bears:rfcbouncy:

Former Swansea City striker Adebayo Akinfenwa has told Talking Baws that he expects Celtic to win next month's much-anticipated Scottish Cup semi-final with Rangers.

Hampden Park will play host on April 17 as the Old Firm enemies clash for just the second time since the Ibrox club were demoted to the fourth tier following their liquidation back in 2012.

With Rangers 14 points clear at the top of the Scottish Championship and the Bhoys labouring at the summit of the Premiership, it has been touted to be a close contest - potentially a dress rehearsal for if and when Mark Warburton's side win promotion back to the big time.

But Akinfenwa cannot see past the Bhoys, although the big striker admits that he started supporting Rangers because of how their shirt looked "back in the day".

In an interview with Talking Baws, Akinfenwa, who spent two years at Swansea until 2007, said: “For some reason, I’ve always been a Rangers man. Back in the day, McCoist and Hateley were the strikers, and Gascoigne too obviously. For some reason I always liked Rangers.

“I have to say, though, as a striker, I’ve always been a massive fan of [Celtic icon Henrik] Larsson. I don’t know why I picked Rangers – I think I just liked their kit better back in the day.

“I’ve had a few opportunities to come up to Scotland – not so long ago as well – but it wasn’t the right time for me and my family. I know the game’s coming up, I think Celtic will come out on top. I’ll definitely be watching the game. Celtic will win, but Rangers coming back to the top can only make for a better league generally.”

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/18/sc-adebayo-akinfenwa-predicts-celtic-v-rangers/

Thy will be rolling in the kitchen sink next draped in a Celtic scarf. At least it might get a wash.:D

Right now, it looks more like a "who scores more" contest than any sort of mind game stuff or who defends better. I doubt that we will shift from our attacking style that much and likewise I doubt that Europe apart, the Scum have faced such a contest. I note that the Yahoo blogger at the DR talks them up by lauding Griffiths, Brown and Commons, but IMHO, only the Racist is a real threat. I was actually astonished how he went on about Brown's tar ... ahem terrier like approach, snapping at people all around him and facing up to anyone nose-to-nose. For all you need is a strong referee and people able to bypass Brown. My concern is that the ref won't be strong - as we saw last season - and that Brown will try to wreck McKay, Holt and Forrester early on.

Edited by der Berliner