Should Rangers Approach UEFA To Allow Rangers TV To Show Dumbarton Match Live?

The fact the English FA got permission to allow Hull v Arsenal live on a champions league date you would think it would be worth while requesting it?,a precedent has been set!,after all it would be Rangers fans buying it through Rangers TV allowing Rangers fans world wide to witness our return to the top league after all we have been through!,if you don't ask you don't get!.

I don't see why not but the club may prefer to ensure a capacity crowd via the absence of any live TV coverage.

I think anyone who wants to be there will attend,just like us,but a lot of fans will miss out due to being on Holiday or living abroad but even in the UK,and the fact a precedent has been set they should at least ask!

Edited by ian1964

I don't see why not but the club may prefer to ensure a capacity crowd via the absence of any live TV coverage.

I would hope it would be near capacity anyway , given we will either win the league or it will be the first home game after winning the league

3 issues:

1. Who would show it? We can't approach UEFA if nobody is wiling to televise it.

2. In the Hull Arsenal case they had to play it with a 7pm ko. This may not suit a lot of people. planning to go to the game.

3. The circumstances are different. Rangers do not have the same fixture build up as Arsenal had.

3 issues:

1. Who would show it? We can't approach UEFA if nobody is wiling to televise it.

2. In the Hull Arsenal case they had to play it with a 7pm ko. This may not suit a lot of people. planning to go to the game.

3. The circumstances are different. Rangers do not have the same fixture build up as Arsenal had.

Rangers TV?,I was only thinking they should ask?,as it stands it won't be shown live on Ranger TV so why not allow Rangers TV to show it?,it would only be Rangers fans buying it!.

Edited by ian1964

It is a good idea and I can't how it would infringe on Champions League as it should only be available to subscribers.

As I said in previous threads many season ticket holders will not be able to attend due to weekday travel problems so it would give them a chance to see game.

Luckily that doesn't afect me and I'll be there.:rfc:

As ian said, the last time this happened it was a black-out for all, Rangers TV included. I doubt UEFA would object, as not showing the game via RTV will automatically make all Bears relying on RTV switch to watch CL footie instead. The CL games will have an audience of a few million, so a rough guess of a few (ten) thousand Bears won't make a difference to them.

Rangers TV?,

Rangers TV would only be able to be watched by overseas bears, wouldn't it? It doesn't have an agreement to show live games in the UK does it?

Would that make the cost of the request and the inconvenience to the tens of thousands attending the game worth it?

Rangers TV would only be able to be watched by overseas bears, wouldn't it? It doesn't have an agreement to show live games in the UK does it?

Would that make the cost of the request and the inconvenience to the tens of thousands attending the game worth it?

I don't know mate!, that is why I am asking, I don't know the legal ins and outs of it, I just think asking would be a great idea, as Rangers TV is only available on line it would not interfere with the CL yet would allow thousands of Rangers fans to watch it and also allow Rangers FC to make some extra cash!